Configuring FreePBX for stereo recordings

Hey. I posted another thread in the General Help section
http://www.freepbx.org/forum/general-help/trouble-configuring-freepbx-for-stereo-recordings
My question being how to configure FreePBX to make Asterisk record Stereo sound recordings instead of mono. I had a vague idea of what config needed to be changed (see other thread) but could find no means of changing it in FreePBX.

Since no-one has replied to the thread yet I get the feeling it just isn’t possible to configure at the moment. If this is the case, would someone be willing to point me in the right direction of how I might go about adding this feature to FreePBX? I’m a PHP developer so I’m not averse to trying to write the solution myself, but I could certainly do with a point in the right direction to get me started.

To clarify, the feature I’m looking for is the ability to disable MixMonitor. This would allow me to record separate sound files for each caller, which I can then merge later into a stereo file

I.e. replace usage of MixMonitor with Monitor (with the correct params) and use StopMonitor instead of StopMixMonitor

You would have to use the extension_override file in etc/asterisk, copy the contexts that contain the monitoring and change the code to use monitor.

After what we'll call a "Friday moment" we have a proof of concept working thanks to your suggestion. First attempt we were changing extension_custom.conf which is certainly not the correct file. We'll do some more playing but I'm fairly sure this will work, albeit possibly quite a flakey solution. For example going to have to be careful doing updates to FreePBX: [sub-record-check] s,6,Monitor(${MIXMON_FORMAT},${MIXMON_DIR}${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/${CALLFILENAME},m) exten => record,2,Monitor(${MIXMON_FORMAT},${MIXMON_DIR}${YEAR}/${MONTH}/${DAY}/${CALLFILENAME},m)

Sorry I broke the formatting on that previous comment, my kingdom for an edit comment button :slight_smile:

You have to use the same context name and the extensions_overide file. That files is read after extensions_additional so any duplicated contexts will take your code. This allows you to apply settings without deleting your custom code.