Conference disconnect issues - calls persist after user hangs up

System is running Asterisk 1.4.21 and FreePBX 2.9.x (current) - distro is CentOS/PIAF and fully “patched” - in case any of that is pertinent.

I have an issue currently where we use “conferences” to join an interviewee and interviewer while others can listen in (muted). The call is recorded by the PBX. Great. Works well.

Typically, I’ll dial the interviewer, send him/her to the conference. I’ll call the interviewee, send him or her to the conference. Others are already there, listening in while it takes place. Usually, those listening in are on our local network (IE in the office.)

The calls that are connected via our one of our trunking providers (either Vitelity or Flowroute) won’t disconnect after the user hangs up. Sometimes the calls in to remote places where the cost is high. I often have to log into the FreePBX panel and manually disconnect them. I’m not sure if I’ve misconfigured something somewhere or what could possibly be the issue.

We don’t have any issues with normal two-party calls. Just the conferences - and even this one isn’t serious, just a nuisance. Maybe it isn’t even related to FreePBX!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Wishing you all the best!

Have you tried setting the rtp timeouts? I added the following to /etc/asterisk/sip_general_custom.conf which resolved calls not being disconnected. These weren’t conference room calls, but it should work the same.

rtptimeout=120
rtpholdtimeout=600

I will do just that and test it out tonight. Much obliged!

Take care,
DW

I have had the same issue with conference calls not hanging up but I noticed it only happens when an outside number dials into the conference. When we dialed into the conference with x-lite to test them there were no issues. Everyone leaves, call hangs up. When I looked at the panel it shows a trunk in use with the number that dialed into the conference call still active and the user still in the conference call itself. Any ideas would be very helpful.