Conditional inbound call filtering not working

I’m trying to filter all calls from a particular caller ID prefix to a custom action.

When I do this with the caller ID number set to _044843NXXXXXX calls are filtered and routed correctly.

A problem arises because numbers of different length are presented and so I’ve been trying to use _044843. to catch all caller IDs, but this case the call is not caught by this inbound route and not routed as expected.

I have tried a number of variations but it looks like any use of ‘.’ breaks the filter.

Has anyone managed to get this working?

Thanks

Alan

Bump

Nope it does not allow wild characters

Thanks

I’ve dumped my CDR’s for the pattern I’m interested in and created the minimum number of routes to catch all CLI’s.

Would it be worth adding a note in the FreePBX config pages that the Dial Pattern behaviour is different for Inbound and Outbound routes?

Alan

As an update I’ve also found that filtering on CallerID Number does not work unless a DID Number is also set.

I’ll retest the filtering with this in mind.

Alan

After further testing I’ve found that using a CallerID Number of _044843. will work but only if DID Number is not blank/null.

This is either a bug or undocumented special case if the DID Number help “Leave this blank to match calls with any or no DID info.” is correct.

Alan

Bump

Yes, I’ve managed to get wildcard matched working on inbound CIDs, but I’ve never tested with blank DIDs. With the DID set it appears to work.