Commercial modules - Moving server to another server

I am migrating a FPBX13 server with commercial modules on it, to a new FPBX14 server, on a different host. (new data center) I am not doing a backup and restore. I am rebuilding the FPBX14 box from the ground up. What is the best procedure to get the new FPBX box licences with the commercial modules? I am going to do a “cutover” after business hours, but it would be great if I could activate the new FPBX14 box with the commercial modules ahead of time, so I can make sure everything is setup properly and minimize any downtime.

Thank you

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPAS/How+to+Move+a+PBX+Deployment+to+a+New+PBX

Thanks Lorne!
My new server is already activated with a different ID. (I did this so I could setup the system as much as possible before the cutover)
So does this mean I can click on the reset hardware lock on the portal for the old server, and then on the new server, how would I update it’s activation ID so it is now licensed properly?

What happens to the old server as soon as I press the reset hardware lock button? Does that make the old server not licensed anymore?

Via the GUI if you like, but I prefer using the command:

fwconsole sa activate xxxxx

correct.

fwconsole sa activate xxxxx

Where xxxx is the deployment ID of the OLD server, correct?

Also, is there a failback method of going back to the old server if the cutover takes a nosedive? In other words, if the cutover fails for whatever reason, and we decide we must revert back to the old server, what is the way to go back? I’m planning for all possibilities here.

Thanks!

As a user you have a limited number of resets. If you run out, you will need to open a support ticket of type 'Billing and customer Service" and request a reset.

1 Like

On the old server, I see I have “(1 Zend Reset remaining)”. Should I open a ticket today and have this increased back to 2? If I open a ticket today, will the request be completed today?
Thanks!

No, you will not get an increase. Once you’ve used your two, you then open a ticket later to request a reset.

I am forced to post my first message on this thread, stating that today is the third day with an open ticket with customer service, so that someone can reset me so that I can activate my licenses on a new machine.

Although they assure me that they have reset on their part, I continue to receive the error message that deployment id is already active on another machine. Note that from the old machine I have de-activated the license.

Certainly something is wrong and certainly three days ago waiting for the answers on the ticket, I can not use the licenses or my new machine.

I am posting here so that anyone can help solve my problem.
Thanks!

is opening a ticket to reset the count chargeable ?

Billing and Customer Service tickets don’t use credits.

thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.