I’ve been using the Commercial Endpoint Manager module for a couple of years, and has been working great.
One thing I noticed was that the firmware included in the Endpoint Manager was not up-to-date, so I checked if there were an updates to the module.
The module version installed was 126.96.36.199, but the latest version available to download was 188.8.131.52.
At that time I guessed that there was something in the latest versions of the module, so it was taken down temporarily.
So I decided to wait for a couple of months but nothing changed; the latest version available was still 184.108.40.206.
I then started to google around and found that there were forum posts that stated that the user is using version 220.127.116.11 of Endpoint Manager.
I tried enabling Edge Mode in advanced settings, applied the change and re-scanned for updates, but nothing changed.
So it looks like the latest version for Endpoint Manager is stuck. However, I am able to update other modules without issues.
Just for reference, the FreePBX Framework version is 18.104.22.168, and I was also able to see version 22.214.171.124 when I turned on Edge Mode.
Please let me know if you need to check any logs or settings.
Ah, so the 25 years applies to the expiration date and not for updates. I see now.
Thank you very much for your notice.
I’ve purchased the renewal for Endpoint Manager, and am seeing the updated expiration date in System Admin, but the version is still stuck at 126.96.36.199.
Do I need to wait for a day or two?
fwconsole ma downloadinstall endpoint
Tried that, and ended up downgrading to 188.8.131.52.
I guess I’ll have to wait.
@Lyute There shouldn’t be any waiting needed, however if after 24 hours you still aren’t seeing a new version, please contact support so we can have someone take a look and see what might be going on.
I checked again today, and the update is now available. Thank you!
Now it seems that the available firmware for polycom phones are still out-of-date, so guess I’ll need to wait for this to come in.
Anyway, the initial problem is solved.
You can file afeature request to get this addressed, or you can upload a custom firmware:
OK, I’ve created a feature request and will see what happens.
Polycom is not a certified partner so things like this happen when we do not have items to do for Certified partner phones so you will rarely see Polycom updates of any kind from us as they are basically frozen in time unless a major bug gets introduced in EPM to keep from even doing basic provisioning. Outlined here https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/EPM-Supported+Devices
I see, that’s understandable since testing each firmware update will take time and money. Guess I’ll have to tackle this by custom firmware upload then.
Thanks for all of the info!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.