Comedian Mail prompts missing

Running PBX Distro 10.13.66-17

Recently installed the system sound languages module which wasn’t on my system before to get Queues working (see this issue page). Since installing (may be unrelated), I have a handful of users who no longer hear prompts when calling comedian mail, either via the voicemail button (which uses *97), or *98 to any voicemail box. The rest of the users that can hear prompts can *98 to the problem users’ mailboxes and hear prompts no problem.

The odd part of this, is that even though no prompts are heard, you can enter the password for the mailbox, press #, then 1, and it will play new messages which can be heard. Just no prompts.

I think I have it narrowed down to PJSIP extensions vs SIP extensions. The problem is occurring only with PJSIP based extensions.

No logs? Not much we can do.

Pulling logs now, sorry, blanked on that.

I think I got it.

<PJSIP/11-0000006b> Playing 'vm-helpexit.g722' (language 'en')

It looks like it wasn’t negotiating the codec correctly. We use ulaw across the board in the system and it was playing g722 audio to the phone which was expecting and showing PCMU. I uncheck g722 from the english sound languages and it started playing correctly. I’ll see if I can get it to reproduce tomorrow, if I can, I’ll file a bug.

Are these yealink phones?

1 Like

Sorry, not that it matters at this point but I just saw the notification, but they are Grandstream phones (GXP2160).