FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Combining web callback and queue callback...possible?

I’ve purchased web callback and it works fine. I am now trying out queue callback…which also works fine as a break out from a queue.
Is it possible to combine them without getting 2 calls?
Its easy to use a queue as a destination for webcallback and then break out from the queue to queue callback, but that involves 2 phone calls. First from web and then you need to accept queue callback and then waiting for that call. I want skip the first call and go directly into the queue directly from webcallback.
I see queue callback as a destination for webcallback, but I dont understand how to assign it to a queue from que queue callback.
What Am I missing?
thanks.

PS.- I want to replicate google’s and amazon’s support system. You just type in your phone number on the website and they call you when you are next in line. They dont give you an option to sit and wait on hold.

Anybody of the freepbx devs have an answer for this? I’ve tried a few things, but I cannot get it to work. The fact that queue callback shows up as a destination for webcallback seems to imply it should work, but Ihavent figured out how. Any tips on how to get this done?
thanks

(Lorne Gaetz) #3

Not at present. VQplus would need a feature added to allow you to schedule a callback using an API call of some sort.
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/How+to+open+a+feature+request

so queue callback showing up as an optional destination for web callback is a bug? or what is it used for in that situation?

(Lorne Gaetz) #5

No bug that I’m aware of. You asked if it was possible to do this without two calls, and it’s not. The user clicks the call me button on the web page (call #1), they are directed to the callback destination where they enter queue callback details:

Call #1 ends. When their turn comes up in the queue, they receive a callback (Call #2) and enter the queue for the next available agent.

I tried this, it didnt work. I tried using the option to force caller id as the call back number, assuming it already had the number from the web callback, but nope. It failed.
I’ve contacte sales and asked for a quote on custom development. Seems like a pretty simple extension to the combination of web and queue callback modules. Lets see what they say.
thanks.