CLI command to send a paging group to a context?

It’s basically a continuation ofhttps://community.freepbx.org/t/originate-via-cli-how-to-avoid-private-number-appearing-on-caller-id-on-phone/69159 this thread but I never have any joy asking for threads to be reopened so starting anew! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I want to send paging extension 50 to the context ‘assistance’ with a CLI command but having no joy.

Have tried:-

asterisk -rx 'channel originate local/50@from-internal extension 50@assistance'
and
asterisk -rx 'channel originate local/50@from-internal extension 50@from-internal assistance'
etc

but in the logs it just says variations on

[2021-01-24 18:37:19] WARNING[27869][C-00008aa1] pbx.c: Channel 'Local/50@from-internal-00013c80;1' sent to invalid extension but no invalid handler: context,exten,priority=assistance,31,1
[2021-01-24 18:37:17] WARNING[27870][C-00008aa0] chan_sip.c: This function can only be used on SIP channels.
[2021-01-24 18:37:17] ERROR[27870][C-00008aa0] res_pjsip_header_funcs.c: This function requires a PJSIP channel.

Would welcome some tips.

(I just want to be able to play an announcement to all phones with one command.)

Thank you!

You can flag it and request a mod to reopen it. I see them opening topics all the time.

I’ve tried private messaging @jcolp twice and got no response, but I didn’t flag it - I’ll try that next time instead :slight_smile:

Grrr, Discourse never gave me a notification on the website that I had messages. Flags always cause a notification so they’re best.

1 Like

Should be open now.

1 Like

cheers!

Unfortunately I don’t administer the site in that regard. @lgaetz would be the person for that.

I just change categories and do general things here and there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have an internal ticket open to deal with the lack of notifications.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.