Clear voicemail BLF notification light

We found it easier to check our shared voicemails on the UCP portal than going through the phone pressing multiple buttons. However, this leaves the red light for voicemail always on. Is there a way to clear the light from the terminal? Or do we have to do it from the phone?

Thanks in advance.

As long as a voicemail exists in the INBOX the MWI stays because that is the new voicemail location. The voicemail system automatically moves messages to the Old folder once heard. The GUI doesnt do that unless you do it.

Thank you, Tom. I went and moved all the messages to the Old folder. I checked my voicemail from the phone and it said there are three messages. Nothing is playable. I deleted them all from the phone (Pressed 7) but they do not seem to go away, when I rechecked the phone still saying there are three messages.

Any suggestion?

I end up going to /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/EXTEN/INBOX and delete rm -rf msg0001.txt the text files

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.