Clarification on releases

I bought a freepbx 300 appliance. I am doing updates and when go here
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Upgrading+from+Distro+6 it says the 7 is beta
but when I go here
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/FreePBX+Distro+SNG7

it says that it is production ready. Is it production ready?

The “upgrader” is beta the distro is stable

1 Like

We would not recommend using the upgrader yet. Its still a work in progress but its close but as stated it should not be used in production enviroments yet. lots of users have and it has worked for them but others have had issues that we have recently fixed and released a new version and now waiting to get reports on things back.

1 Like

ok so my Freepbx 300 is hosed after running the upgrade from command line.

Here is a partial clue of errors
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/lib64/php/module s/wddx.so’ - /usr/lib64/php/modules/wddx.so: undefined symbol: php_XML_SetUserDa ta in Unknown on line 0
PHP Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major I D 4, whereas the Loader expects 7 in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/agi-bi n/LoadLicenseIfExists.php on line 0
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 4, whereas the Loader expects 7 in file /var/www/html/admin/mod ules/sysadmin/agi-bin/LoadLicenseIfExists.php on line 0
Stack trace:

1. () /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/agi-bin/LoadLicenseIfExists.php:0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: digium_register: Unable to initialize module
    Module compiled with module API=20090626
    PHP compiled with module API=20131226
    These options need to match
    in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/lib64/php/module s/mysql.so’ - libmysqlclient.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/module.

I have tried everything I can find to repair/redo the upgrade and it didn’t work. So I am trying now to reimage the appliance with Sng7 image.

SNG7 image installed on the FPBX 300 appliance successfully.
Note (warning) to others who purchase device. Make sure to write down your deployment id. If you want to upgrade the appliance before configuring just re-image it with new image and activate with your deployment id. If you configure and try to upgrade later you may have problems. This is in refernce to FPBX 300 and upgrading from distro 6 to distro 7 using command line CLI.

As well if you try to restore config from a previous version you may crash the system. I tried and it crashed.

There’s a link on the Sangoma/FreePBX portal that you can look up your deployment ID. Writing it down is still a good idea, but there are suspenders you can use with that belt.