Cisco spa508g End Point Manager issues

Password issue solved: Read the Wiki - says to login as user then log in as admin - that part worked

Never did get EPM to work seamless with my Ciscos. I am through trying. Going forward I will just get phones that are easier to auto provision.

We have a ton of SPA504 and 514 phones in the field, most provisioned with EPM Pro. However, we exclusively direct them via DHCP Option 66 rather than the on-phone GUI. Can you use Option 66 instead?

I am not real adversed in how to set up and use Option 66. Any direction here would be greatly appreciated

What is your DHCP Server?

Are you using the one in the phone system or are you using one on your network?

The answer will depend on which implementation of DHCP you are using. For example, my DHCP server is an ISC server running on my NetBSD primary network service host. For me, the option is defined through a setting at the top of the file (that names the entry type for the option) and then an entry in the ‘host’ or ‘group’ for my phones that defines that the phones get their configuration from the TFTP server. Your mileage will no doubt vary (since NetBSD is kind of a fringe player in the largely Linux world of network controllers).

I have freepbx installed on a vultr cloud server. I am using the one on the network.

DHCP is a LAN-local protocol. It has to be on your local network.

So, I’ll ask again.

Since your phone server is in the cloud, it has to be one on your network. Which one is it? Specifically. Brand name? What server is it running on? Which router? Which firewall? There are probably 50 different DHCP server implementations, and almost every one of them is slightly different when it comes to setting options like Option 66.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.