Cisco 7960 being rejected: from-trunk: Friendly Scanner

I was seemingly able to authenicate from my Cisco 7960, however, when making an outbound call, I see the following in the Asterisk console:

[2015-04-03 03:18:51] WARNING[13720][C-00000008]: Ext. s:3 @ from-trunk: Friendly Scanner from 10.0.1.50

Is there any way to, perhaps, whitelist this device in FreePBX, or disable the check for this?

I thought it an issue with my dialplan initially because I received a response that the number was not in service, but from a softphone, I was able to call in and out without issue.

I am seeing this on a non-maintained box in my inventory - if you Google “Friendly Scanner” you will be led to the page about SIP-Vicious - a SIP hacking and penetration tool.

I don’t get it either, but I would look more deeply into the problem.

Greg

This might be diagnostic:-

[ext-did-catchall]
include => ext-did-catchall-custom
exten => s,1,Noop(No DID or CID Match)
exten => s,n(a2),Answer
exten => s,n,Log(WARNING,Friendly Scanner from ${CUT(CUT(SIP_HEADER(Via), ,2),:,1)})
exten => s,n,Wait(2)
exten => s,n,Playback(ss-noservice)
exten => s,n,SayAlpha(${FROM_DID})
exten => s,n,Hangup

exten => _.,1,Set(__FROM_DID=${EXTEN})
exten => _.,n,Noop(Received an unknown call with DID set to ${EXTEN})
exten => _.,n,Goto(s,a2)

exten => h,1,Hangup

;--== end of [ext-did-catchall] ==--;

Presumably you have a catchall inbound route, so you need to explore why your “Cisco 7960” (presumably at 10.0.1.50) , is arriving in the context from-trunk with no “No DID or CID Match” when making an outbound call?

Have you setup an appropriate extension for the device? Have disabled “guest” SIP calls?