Cisco 7941 - Phone Directory

Hi Guys, Sorry if this has already been discussed in details but i cant seem to search the forum topics.
I did some previous google searches and find a few topics that help describe what i want to do, but i cant seem to get the solution working so im hoping someone here can highlight what i am doing wrong.

i’m simply trying to get the phone directory button on Cisco 7941 Phones working,
I have been looking at these two sets of instructions to help me complete;

CANT POST LINKS [LINK REMOVED]
CANT POST LINKS [LINK REMOVED]

My environment is two freepbx servers;

Server 1;
PBX Firmware: 1.810.210.57-1
PBX Service Pack: 1.0.0.0

Server 2
PBX Firmware: 1.813.210.58-1
PBX Service Pack: 1.0.0.0

So i require the directory button to probe both servers extension list, according to the first resource i need to do this via php script, now i have literally 0 skills with scripting or coding at any level so i already feel out of my comfort zone. but through a process of copy and paste and replacing the blanks i think i managed to get the script working

now on each server when i visit /localhost/search.php i see an output of all the users and extension numbers like;

Joe Bloggs- 4119

Joey Bloggs- 4118

Jospeh Bloggs- 5031

Jerry Bloggs- 4103

so im assuming the script is doing as it should,

now i have to add that configuration to my phones; according too CANT POST LINKS [LINK REMOVED] i do this in SIPDefault.cnf

looking at my SIPDefault.cnf the only line i see that relates to directory is;
directory_url: “CANT POST LINKS [LINK REMOVED]/menu2.xml”

this xml file looks like the following;

Phone Directory Enter The Search Criteria CANT POST LINKS [LINK REMOVED]/ciscodir/search.php Enter Name sn U

so this includes the search.php originally created which looks like the following;

<?php header ("content-type: text/xml"); // Created by Intuit // with credit to JOYCE CR, s.r.o.CANT POST LINKS [LINK REMOVED] // Make sure you configure the allowable settings only // This script directly integrates with FreePBX and picksup the asterisk.users table // Should work for both device-user mode or extensions mode // Works by searching from anywhere of the person's name // feedback to CANT POST LINKS [LINK REMOVED] // Change here to match the webaddress absolute path $URL = 'server1ip/ciscodir/'; // Choose how many results to return if search term produces a lot of output $per_page = '100'; // Change here to match your own passwords $mysql_conn = mysql_connect('server2ip','freepbxuser','password'); $mysql_conn2 = mysql_connect('server1ip','freepbxuser','password', true); // Dont change anything from here unless you know what you are doing mysql_select_db('asterisk', $mysql_conn ); mysql_select_db('asterisk', $mysql_conn2 ); $NAME=$_GET["sn"]; $FROM=$_GET["FROM"]; $TO=$_GET["TO"]; if ( ($FROM=='') and ($TO=='') ) { //check to see how many $result= mysql_query("SELECT count(phones.Remark) as total FROM phones WHERE phones.Remark LIKE '%$NAME%' ", $mysql_conn); $howmany = mysql_fetch_row($result); $result2= mysql_query("SELECT count(users.name) as total FROM users WHERE users.name LIKE '%$NAME%' ", $mysql_conn2); $howmany2 = mysql_fetch_row($result2); if (($howmany[0] > $per_page) || ($howmany2[0] > $per_page)) { print("\n"); print("\n"); $start = 0; $index = 0; $total = $howmany[0]; $remain = $per_page; while ($start < ($total + 1)) { $limitstart = 'LIMIT '.$start.','.$per_page; $result = mysql_query("SELECT Remark,username FROM phones WHERE Remark LIKE '%$NAME%' ORDER BY Remark $limitstart", $mysql_conn); $row = mysql_fetch_row($result); $from = $row[0]; if (($total - $start) < $per_page) { $remain = $total - $start; } for ($i = 1; $i < $remain; ++$i) { $row = mysql_fetch_row($result); } $to = $row[0]; print("\n"); print("\t"); print($index); print("\n"); print("\t"); print($URL."search.php?FROM=".$from."&TO=".$to); print("\n"); print("\n"); $start = $start + $per_page; $index = $index+1; } $start2 = 0; $index2 = 0; $total2 = $howmany2[0]; $remain2 = $per_page; while ($start2 < ($total2 + 1)) { $limitstart2 = 'LIMIT '.$start2.','.$per_page2; $result2 = mysql_query("SELECT name,extension FROM users WHERE name LIKE '%$NAME%' ORDER BY name $limitstart2", $mysql_conn2); $row2 = mysql_fetch_row($result2); $from2 = $row2[0]; if (($total2 - $start2) < $per_page) { $remain2 = $total2 - $start2; } for ($i2 = 1; $i2 < $remain2; ++$i2) { $row2 = mysql_fetch_row($result2); } $to2 = $row2[0]; print("\n"); print("\t"); print($index2); print("\n"); print("\t"); print($URL."search.php?FROM=".$from2."&TO=".$to2); print("\n"); print("\n"); $start2 = $start2 + $per_page2; $index2 = $index2+1; } print("\n"); } else { print("\n"); print("\n"); $result = mysql_query("SELECT Remark,username,username FROM phones WHERE phones.Remark LIKE '%$NAME%' ORDER BY Remark ", $mysql_conn); while($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)) { print("\n"); print("\t"); print($row[0]."- ".$row[1] ); print("\n"); print("\t"); print($row[2]); print("\n"); print("\n"); } $result2 = mysql_query("SELECT name,extension,extension FROM users WHERE users.name LIKE '%$NAME%' ORDER BY name ", $mysql_conn2); while($row2 = mysql_fetch_row($result2)) { print("\n"); print("\t"); print($row2[0]."- ".$row2[1] ); print("\n"); print("\t"); print($row2[2]); print("\n"); print("\n"); } print("\n"); } } else { print("\n"); print("\n"); print("Intuittech Directory\n"); print("Intuittech Directory\n"); $result = mysql_query("SELECT Remark,username,username FROM phones WHERE Remark>='$FROM' AND Remark<='$TO' ORDER BY Remark", $mysql_conn); while($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)) { print("\n"); print("\t"); print($row[0]."- ".$row[1] ); print("\n"); print("\t"); print($row[2]); print("\n"); print("\n"); } $result2 = mysql_query("SELECT name,extension,extension FROM users WHERE name>='$FROM' AND name<='$TO' ORDER BY name", $mysql_conn2); while($row2 = mysql_fetch_row($result2)) { print("\n"); print("\t"); print($row2[0]."- ".$row2[1] ); print("\n"); print("\t"); print($row2[2]); print("\n"); print("\n"); } print("\n"); } ?>

I then do a factory reset of a cisco 7941, hoping when it comes back up, pulls its config from the tftp server the directory button works, but i don’t get anything the directory buttons takes you to the directory menu but i only have options for missed/received and placed.

im obviously doing something wrong but with all the documentation im reading i cant figure out for the life of me what.
hopefully some braniac here will be able to help.

Sorry for the long post i just wanted to make it as detailed as possible.

Regards
Cap