CID Lookup not working in 2.7.0

Hi,

I have just upgraded to 2.7.0
The CallerID lookup module isnt working.

If I setup an internal as a lookup and apply it to an inbound route, then all incoming calls are dropped. If I remove it from the inbound route, then incoming calls are fine.

Here’s a log when an internal CID lookup is applied to a inbound route:

[Mar 25 21:06:46] VERBOSE[4843] logger.c: – Executing [[email protected]:9] Hangup(“SIP/211-00000000”, “”) in new stack
[Mar 25 21:06:46] VERBOSE[4843] logger.c: == Spawn extension (macro-hangupcall, s, 9) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/211-00000000’ in macro ‘hangupcall’
[Mar 25 21:06:46] VERBOSE[4843] logger.c: == Spawn extension (macro-dialout-trunk, h, 1) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/211-00000000’
[Mar 25 21:07:04] VERBOSE[4849] logger.c: – Executing [[email protected]:1] Set(“SIP/IP02-ALAW-00000006”, “GROUP()=OUT_7”) in new stack
[Mar 25 21:07:04] VERBOSE[4849] logger.c: – Executing [[email protected]:2] Goto(“SIP/IP02-ALAW-00000006”, “from-trunk|01618708971|1”) in new stack
[Mar 25 21:07:04] VERBOSE[4849] logger.c: – Goto (from-trunk,01618708971,1)
[Mar 25 21:07:04] VERBOSE[4849] logger.c: – Executing [[email protected]:1] Set(“SIP/IP02-ALAW-00000006”, “__FROM_DID=01618708971”) in new stack
[Mar 25 21:07:04] VERBOSE[4849] logger.c: – Executing [[email protected]:2] Gosub(“SIP/IP02-ALAW-00000006”, “cidlookup|cidlookup_1|1”) in new stack
[Mar 25 21:07:04] WARNING[4849] pbx.c: Channel ‘SIP/IP02-ALAW-00000006’ sent into invalid extension ‘cidlookup_1’ in context ‘cidlookup’, but no invalid handler
[Mar 25 21:07:10] VERBOSE[4842] logger.c: – Remote UNIX connection disconnected

Can anyone help??

the module did not change from 2.6 to 2.7, the error that is giving you grief is:

[Mar 25 21:07:04] VERBOSE[4849] logger.c: -- Executing [[email protected]:2] Gosub("SIP/IP02-ALAW-00000006", "cidlookup|cidlookup_1|1") in new stack
[Mar 25 21:07:04] WARNING[4849] pbx.c: Channel 'SIP/IP02-ALAW-00000006' sent into invalid extension 'cidlookup_1' in context 'cidlookup', but no invalid handler

meaning it can’t find cidlookup_1 which would looking something like:

[cidlookup]
exten => cidlookup_1,1,LookupCIDName
exten => cidlookup_1,n,Return()

(depending on what you chose for the first cidlookup source you created. It almost sounds like something was corrupted in your database that it is trying to go to a source that is not there. You may want to just try uninstalling and re-installing the module and then setting things up again. (this will lose all you cidlookup configurations though)

I have already tried removing the module, and deleting it entirely from the modules directory and re-installing.
That didnt appear to work.

I have also tried removing all CID sources and putting them in again - still no luck!

Sounds like the exact same problem others are having as in this thread: http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/users/caller-id-lookup-stopped-working-with-freepbx-2-6-0-0

If you look at the [cidlookup] section in extensions_additional.conf, you will find there is no line in there that begins:
exten => cidlookup_1,…

I dont know why, but FreePBX sometimes seems to leave the configuration of your callerid lookup source out of this file.

So you have to manually create that section yourself EVERY TIME you use FreePBX to change your system configuration.

See the end of the thread http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/users/caller-id-lookup-stopped-working-with-freepbx-2-6-0-0 for an example of how to do it.

yep thats my issue that Im experiencing, however putting entries in extensions_additional.conf is no good as they will get erased the next time I make a change.

looks like the CID lookup module itself needs fixing!

could be (a bug),

feel free to file a bug but please make sure that you find a way to provide step by step repro instructions.

If the issue can’t be reproduced it’s going to end up stagnating in the tracker or being closed by someone who tries it and all works fine…

Someone else has already reported it-
http://www.freepbx.org/trac/ticket/3979

ok I re-opened that ticket. Have a look at what was just published in 2.7 and try the uninstall and reinstall of the module after pulling that. It’s possible that the tables were not being deleted. (make sure you uninstall after upgrading).

please provide continuing information in the ticket.

I have already uninstalled the module, and checked that the db tables were removed.

After re-installing the module the db tables are re-created.
When I add an entry the information appears correct in the db table - however it never gets writted to extensions_additional.conf

as requested, you need to put all the info in the ticket. We need to see what is displayed in:

SELECT * FROM cidlookup

and then we need to see the generated dialplan where it is missing. It doesn’t help to say “I checked and it all looks good but is not generating it.” We need to see all the data and even better, to see step by step repro instructions in addition so that we can recreate the problem.

All this, in the ticket please, it will go lost here… thanks