Changing the Ringback Tone for orphaned calls

I have a receptionist setup with a Snom 320 with 2 identites (extensions) registered to her phone. 202 is her regular extension and 513 is the 2nd extension. I have given 513 a funky ringtone that should only ring when someone has reached the Park recall timer.

In FreePbx under orphaned parked calls I tell the system to dial 513 so she can tell the orphaned call from a normal incoming call.
Well the orphaned calls are all ringing back to 202 even when I tell it to ring 513.
I also tried creating a Misc dest to dial 513 and it still dial 202.

Here’s a call

dialparties.agi Caller ID name is ‘WIRELESS CALLER’ number is '2072522612’
dialparties.agi Methodology of ring is 'ringall’
Extension Changed 201 new state Ringing for Notify User 202
Extension Changed 201 new state Ringing for Notify User 207
Extension Changed 201 new state Ringing for Notify User 205
Extension Changed 201 new state Ringing for Notify User 203
Extension Changed 201 new state Idle for Notify User 202
Extension Changed 201 new state Idle for Notify User 207
Extension Changed 201 new state Idle for Notify User 205
Extension Changed 201 new state Idle for Notify User 203
== Parked Zap/1-1 on 71. Will timeout back to extension [ext-group] 600, 18 in 15 seconds
== Spawn extension (macro-dial, s, 10) exited KEEPALIVE in macro ‘dial’ on ‘Zap/1-1’
== Spawn extension (ext-group, 600, 18) exited KEEPALIVE on ‘Zap/1-1’
== Timeout for Zap/1-1 parked on 71. Returning to park-dial,SIP/202,1
== Spawn extension (park-dial, SIP/202, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1’
CLI>

Here are the contents, this is correct but orphaned calls are still going back to ext 202.
FreePbx Version is 2.2.0rc3

[park-dial]
include => park-dial-custom
exten => t,1,Noop(Parked Call Timed Out and Got Orphaned)
exten => t,n,Goto(ext-local,513,1)

; end of [park-dial]

Any Suggestions?

it’s been a while since I played a bunch with parking, but IIRC parking remembers the device that parked it, vs. an ‘extension’ (I may be wrong on this). If it is the device, then getting back can be rather difficult because of the asterisk limitation. Hopefully I’m wrong and someone will speak up.

Still looking for a way to make the Park recall timer dial back to another extension not the one that parked the call. I’m not a code guy so any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

orphaned calls are not the same as a normal parked call that rings back. Under normal circumstances, a call will timeout if not picked up and ring back to the extension that parked it. In rare circumstances, that extension will no longer be available (line has no callwaiting and is occupied, phone went dead, etc.). At that point, the call becomes orphaned and ‘drastic measures’ are required. If nothing is setup, the call would end up being dropped. The Orphaned call feature provides a safety net for those circumstances so the call can be recovered and delivered somewhere. For that reason also, it is usually better that the call be retured to some sort of ringgoup, IVR, or equivalent since the it may have gotten orphaned from the very phone ‘rebooting’ (for instance) that you are now trying to direct it to.

In regards to this issue. we have been having the same problem and after talking to Philippe from FreePBX he explained the following to me.

An orphaned call is a parked call that is unable to get back to the original extension that parked it. An example of this is a extension that parked a call and than lost its power so now the phone is no longer registered so asterisk doe not know where to send the cal back so it becomes an orphaned call.

A timed out park call always calls the original extension that parked the call. After having some long discussions with Philippe he is willing to write an asterisk patch and a update the FreePBX module to give you the option to prepend the caller id and set the alert info for timed out calls. Philippe would also make it so that if you set the prepend caller id to “PK” it would show up on the phone screen as “PK##” with ## being which parking lot the call is returning from.

After talking to Philippe he said that it would cost $1000.00 - $1500.00. I feel this is a feature that is needed so I paypaled him $500.00. Now all we need is some other people in the community to offer up the additional $1000.00. If you are interested in helping getting this thing done please post how much you are willing to put up and once we reach the additional $1000.00 I will have everyone Paypal him the money and he will complete the project within 2 days he says. So lets band together and get this done.

That sounds a little complicated. Here is what we do:

1. Upgrade the Snom firmware to v6.5.10
  2. In the Parking Lot change the “Alert Info” to the following: http://www.notused.com;info=alert-group;x-line-id=0
  3. In the Parking Lot change the orphaned call destination to the receptionist’s extension, or a ring group
  4. On the Snom under “Preferences” change the “Alert Group Ringer:” to the funky ringtone

that’s not the point. He is not talking about orphaned calls, he is talking about normal calls that timeout from the Parking Lot. In stock Asterisk, they just ring back to the extension that parked them with nothing visible to alert you that they had just been parked. Orphaned call info is only if the call can’t get back to the original extension that parked it.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx