Changing the default behavior when an extension is busy

When an local extension is busy, and it has other incoming call, that call is sent to the user’s voicemail. I would like to change that, sending the call to a queue, telling to the caller “that extension is busy, you can wait or press 1 to leave a message”.

I tried to do that, creating a queue which the only member is the extension was busy, also, I create an IVR menu using a recorded audio file, (telling the message “that extension is…”) and set up the opcion 1 to the voicemail, and “t” option to the queue created above.
Then, I returned to the queue configuration, and on the " Caller Announcements" settings, I selected the IVR with the message in “voice menu”, and “frequency” to “1 minute”. So, every minute you’ll hear the message and you could leave a message or continue waiting…

Now, Using the Feature code “foward on busy”, I set up my extension to forward to the queue number extension my calls when I be busy…but, the behavior is strange…the second incoming call doesn’t hear the ON HOLD music…and it only hear the message being playing over and over…

In the asterisk CLI I see as a “loop”…the second call enters and leaves the queue immediately …so, anyone can help me with some trick or advice?

Thanks…

I’m trying to figure this out too. We work in a fast paced environment and our customers are complaining that they don’t get an option to wait when direct dialing an extension that is busy.

With respect to this…the queue configuration and association to a busy extension (via Call forward on Busy feature) such I described above, it works but changing the “member” definition in queues_additional.conf file. That must be, for example

member=SIP/102,0

instead of

member=Local/102@from-internal,0

That was reported days before by “phpfreak”, with subject “Call Queues with SIP Extensions - FIX HERE!”…I have made some changes on the source code (not official and not recommended) in order to write the “member” definition as official Asterisk documentation. Those changes are detailed on that post…

Alf

[quote=“xrobau”]I’d use a ring group, rather than a queue. It would be a lot easier.

–Rob[/quote]

Thanks Rob, but, Coul you be more specific?..

Alf

I’d use a ring group, rather than a queue. It would be a lot easier.

–Rob

–On Saturday, September 16, 2006 12:33 PM +1000 asalas
[email protected] wrote:

[quote] When an local extension is busy, and it has other incoming call, that
call is sent to the user’s voicemail. I would like to change that,
sending the call to a queue, telling to the caller “that extension is
busy, you can wait or press 1 to leave a message”.

[/quote]
Simpler problem… My sip phones (Linksys 941) will take more than one call
at a time, but the system sends all second calls to voicemail.

How can I get the system to ring the second call into the phone and let it
"call wait" then go to voicemail if it times out.

Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)