Chan-spy, beep mode

Greetings

regarding the chan.spy macro we have started a context for listening on certain extensions, subject to authentication by the so-called Team Leader. Everything works, whether in whisper, barge or standard mode. However, we would like to add a further step in standard mode, that is, informing the person being listened to, with a message or beep, so that they are aware that a Supervisor is listening to the phone call. Do you believe it’s possible?

[app-chanspy-custom]
exten => _*2888XXXX,1,Set(__COS_DEST=chanspy)
exten => _*2888XXXX,n,Set(__COS_TYPE=FC)
exten => _*2888XXXX,n,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => _*2888XXXX,n,Answer
exten => _*2888XXXX,n,Authenticate(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
exten => _*2888XXXX,n,Wait(1)
exten => _*2888XXXX,n,ChanSpy(PJSIP/98${EXTEN:5},q)
exten => _*2888XXXX,n,Hangup

Removing the q will add the beep…
https://docs.asterisk.org/Asterisk_16_Documentation/API_Documentation/Dialplan_Applications/ChanSpy/

1 Like

no, I didn’t explain myself, I don’t want the beep to be heard by the listener but by the operator who is listened to

You can’t because with ChanSpy or ExtenSpy, Spy is the keyword. So the channel/user being spied on doesn’t know it. The only way to solve your problem is to modify how ChanSpy or ExtenSpy work and add an option that would play a beep back to the channel being spied on.

correct, is there any example already ready? perplexed that no one has had these needs, especially for implementation of the GDPR (Privacy Act) in Europe

When I say modify, I mean the underlying code in Asterisk. What you are looking for isn’t implemented in ChanSpy.

How does the GDPR play into this?

According to current legislation, the person must be informed in advance when a listening session begins

OK doesn’t “Your call may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance, etc.” count?

in part that is a warning to the customer who calls the queue for example and informs him that his call could be recorded for various purposes. In any case, currently the privacy guarantor, also for a trade unionist issue of workers’ rights, has imposed that the operator who is listened to is informed in advance at the start of the listening session

there are 3 subjects: the customer, the person listened to, the one who listens. The customer is informed that the call could be recorded…the person being listened to is informed with a beep or something just at the moment of listening

Unfortunately, ChanSpy and ExtenSpy do not have the functionality you are looking for. Based on what I have been able to find, no one from Europe has made a request for this feature.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a workaround to achieve what you’re looking for currently. So as I said, this might require these two applications in Asterisk to be updated to add these features. Asterisk only takes new feature requests if the patch/code for said feature is provided by the requestor. There is also the bounty program that allows you to advertise the need for this feature and offer to pay an Asterisk community developer to do the coding for you.

We also accept feature requests at GitHub - asterisk/asterisk-feature-requests: A place to submit feature and improvement requests for the Asterisk project. Contains no code. though like the readme states, no guarantee anything will happen.

ok thanks, as a work-a-round I was thinking of using Pagin & Intercom, i.e. a paging extension that starts an alert tone (beep) in whisper mode even on a busy extension and then switching to the chan-spy application on the same extension

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.