Chan_sip.c:28520 handle_request_subscribe: Received SIP subscribe for peer without mailbox: xxx

Hello All,

I believe this happens when the phone is checking voicemail, but there is no voicemail configured on the extension. Is there a magic way to get around this ( besides creating another template and finding the option in the firmware and disable it, then have to switch phones to templates with or without vm?

My concern, or really just annoyance is that 1 phone will generate 120 entries per minute and on a system with hundreds of phones and saying 30% of those have no voicemail, thats a lot of noise when watching logs to troubleshoot etc.

Thanks!

Make the vm boxes but don’t use them perhaps ? (that would be in the extensions destinations)

The problem I see is if a call goes to that extension, someone may leave a voicemail and may be angry when nobody calls back. Woops, although I do see what you’re saying about not go to voicemail, but then where would you send it? ( dont want to hang up per say )

Where do you send them now? you can send them anywhere in the drop down menu you choose.

It would be possible, with some machination, to get to a voicemail box that an extention is not forwarding to, but you would be saved by your annoying messages, the light would start flashing and the angry call would come from the owner of the flashing light :slight_smile:

You nee to configure the phone to disable the MWI.

I believe if I find the setting on the specific phone, add a firmware setting I can setup an EPM template to support phones w/No VM vs phones with VM, however thats times several templates and will turn out to be a little bit of a management nightmare.

I know it’s not the fault of FreePBX, maybe of Grandstream since I don’t see this with Cisco’s.

Thanks for your suggestions!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.