CDR Report Module Showing Garbage

Just upgraded to 2.10. Realized reports weren’t there so installed the CDR Report module. Now, only garbage is being displayed. Any idea what the problem could be?

Here is what I’m getting:

Call Detail Record - Search Returned 1 CallsCall Date File System Src Chan. Source DID App. Dest. Dst. Chan. Disposition Duration Userfield Account
? ? UNKNOWN ? ? ? ? ? 00:00?
? ? UNKNOWN ? ? ? ? ? 00:00?
? ? UNKNOWN ? ? ? ? ? 00:00?
? ? UNKNOWN ? ? ? ? ? 00:00?
D D? D? D? D? D? D? D? D? 00:00? D D
S S? S? S? S? S? S? S? S? 00:00? S S
? ? UNKNOWN ? ? ? ? ? 00:00?
? ? UNKNOWN ? ? ? ? ? 00:00

Please login to the command line mysql tool (get the credentials from /etc/freepbx.conf)

Run these commands:

use asteriskcdrdb;
select * from cdr;

See if the output is trash.

Already checked that. Output from mysql is fine.

It worked prior to the upgrade. I accidentally upgraded from 2.5 to 2.9 and then to 2.10. I don’t know if something got missed in that transition.

I have to wonder, how did you go from 2.5 to 2.9 directly? That can create a bunch of problems.

The box was hacked so we had to reinstall all the packages. That wiped out the web interface; we were just getting a blank screen. Downloaded the rpm and installed 2.9. Dropped back to 2.5 because the blank screen persisted, then back to 2.9 and then to 2.10.

Oh brother…I can’t even imagine what that would do as your DB schema’s were not updated.

So do you run nightly backups with the backup and restore module. What I would do is install 2.5 on a virtual machine, restore the DB to the VM, walk the upgrade up to 2.10, run a backup and restore to the upgraded machine. Some minor tweaking may be needed along the way.

If this is mission critical the FreePBX support team could help with the task.

I just installed new system from FreePBX-Distro-Net-64bit-, setup 2 extensions, enable records for them, made couple of calls and have the same issue in cdr report module.
When I removed module and installed cdr-2.10.0.beta2 (use it on my work server) - I can see info about calls, but no records for them. On last version of module ( - I see garbage. How I can fix it?
Sorry for bad english.

In User Panel I see info about calls and can listen records.

I’ve also just installed this package and experienced the same problem.
I found the reason and a way to fix it in order use the Reports/CDR Reports module.

The file generating the report (/var/www/html/admin/modules/cdr/page.cdr.php)
has a SQL query that holds a non existent field recordingfile, i.e. it does not exist in the cdr table of the asteriskcdrdb database.

So if you remove that field from the query you will get:

$query = “SELECT calldate, clid, did, src, dst, dcontext, channel, dstchannel, lastapp, lastdata, duration, billsec, disposition, amaflags, accountcode, uniqueid, userfield, unix_timestamp(calldate) as call_timestamp FROM $db_name.$db_table_name $where $order $sort LIMIT $result_limit”;

and it will now work as it should. Except from missing links to recordings which would not work anyway due to the missing field.

This fix might require you to bring back the field after a future update, it depends on how the update will fix things.

I’m running a clean install, and have this issue too, so it has something to do with our modules.

We had CDR working great until Dec. 16th when we installed the 2.10 beta. Now we get garbage that seems exactly like what the original poster described. The database is definitely working, as is the cdr_mysql module. In fact, our Asternic Reports still works just fine, but it would be nice to have the new FreePBX search functionality, too!