CBeyond SIP Trunk setting

Does anyone have any basic configs for CBeyond SIP trunks running on the the last Distro build? The ones I have from my older Trixbox ones are giving me issues and CBeyond tech support is not greatest when it comes to this. I keep on having issues with connecting inbound calls. I know it is not the firewall since my other SIP provider is fine and I can make outbound call with Cbeyond.

What I do know is CBeyond SIP trunk setup I have works great on Distro 1-1007-210-58-1 w/Asterisk 10. Plug that switch back in everything works. Go to Distro 5-211-65-4 w/Asterisk 11 no inbound calls. Everything in the setting and configs are the same. Unless it is Asterisk version issue with CBeyond. Here is the basic trunk config I was given for CBeyond. I made the changes to use this in LA.

disallow=all
allow=ulaw
canreinvite=no
context=from-trunk
dtmfmode=auto
fromdomain=sipconnect.chi0.cbeyond.net
host=sipconnect.chi0.cbeyond.net
insecure=invite
nat=never
outboundproxy=sip-proxy.chi0.cbeyond.net
qualify=yes
secret=
type=peer
username=8

6305555555:ffffff@cbeyond/8474

Just wondering if this was resolved? I have a client on Asterisk 1.4, but would like to upgrade them to Asterisk 11. I had tried 1.8 a while back with no luck and don’t want to go through that again.

I never got it to work it any of the later builds. The trunks would not register for some reason. CBeyond really didn’t have a clue they just told me they don’t even see the server trying to register. I am thinking this is more of the FreePBX 2.11 or Centos 6.x. The last build I got to work with FreePBX is 1.1007.210.58. This I had working in Cbeyonds CA area.

I agree cBeyond does not have much clue and does not seem to want to support FreePBX/TrixBox/etc open source solutions. After much testing, hair pulling and searching, I found this buried on a site that cBeyond bought a few years back, h t t p s :// www(dot)aretta(dot)com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=24 ( Link butchered since new users can not post links ). The changes I made were to remove “-public” and adjusting the atl0 for our location in the outboundproxy line.

So my working config for FreeBBX 5.211.65-14 set for Asterisk 11 on our cBeyond trunk is:

Outgoing settings:
Trunk Name: cbeyond

PEER Details

username={Username}
type=peer
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
secret={Password}
qualify=250
outboundproxy=sip-proxy.lax0.cbeyond.net
insecure=very
host=sipconnect.lax0.cbeyond.net
fromuser={Username}
fromdomain=sipconnect.lax0.cbeyond.net
dtmfmode=auto
disallow=all
defaultexpirey=30
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw

Incoming Settings

USER Context: cbeyond_in

USER Details:

type=peer
host=sip-proxy.lax0.cbeyond.net
dtmfmode=auto
context=from-trunk

Register String:

[Username}:{Password}@cbeyond/[Username}

Your milage may vary and this setup has only been live 1 day so far, so we will see if anything shows up. Old machine (TrixBox CE v2.6.2.3 / Asterisk 1.4.22) is still live and ready to roll back to if something blows up.

Hi DTaylor,

We’re cutting a FreePBX 5.211.65-16 system over to a Cbeyond SIP trunk tomorrow. Just wanted to ask if you have continued with this config and had no issues? Or, have you had to make any changes and/or roll back?

Thanks!

Doug

Yes, it is still running with that config since we went live.

Still on 5.211.65-14 since I don’t have my backup machine online yet and don’t like messing with what works.

We’re using cbeyond at one site, and needed to enable anonymous inbound SIP and ip-allow on the firewall

config

username=3125551212
context=from-trunk
type=peer
secret=…
qualify=no
nat=never
insecure=port,invite
fromdomain=sipconnect.chi0.cbeyond.net
dtmfmode=auto
disallow=all
canreinvite=yes
allow=ulaw
srvlookup=yes
maxexpirey=3600

type=user&peer
secret=…
;qualify=yes
fromdomain=cbeyond.net
dtmfmode=auto
context=from-pstn
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
insecure=port,invite

3126642500:…@cbeyond/3125551212

FreePBX 2.210.62-6
Ver. 1.8.20.1

Thanks,
Adam

By having the User Details set as above w/ host= set to sip-proxy.#####.cbeyond.net I was able to leave anonymous inbound SIP disabled.

Hi Guys, I thought I’d post my experience with the Cbeyond SIP trunk last week. I attempted to use a couple of configurations - the one from dtaylor above, and another found online - neither worked for us. Spoke to the Cbeyond activations person, they were unable to help, spoke to another and they sent me Cbeyond’s recommended FreePBX config - that didn’t work although they said it worked on earlier versions. Spoke to the Activations Manager - unable to resolve. Finally spoke with another engineer who had a personal FreePBX test box setup and over the next 3 hours, we got it working!

Here’s the working config on FreePBX 2.11.65-16.

PEER Details-

disallow=all
allow=ulaw
canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
dtmfmode=auto
fromdomain=sipconnect.atl0.cbeyond.net - - substitute “atl0” with whatever market you’re in
host=sipconnect.atl0.cbeyond.net
insecure=very
nat=never
outboundproxy=sip-proxy.atl0.cbeyond.net
qualify=no
secret=XXXXXXXX
type=peer
username=XXXXXXXX
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes

USER details-

type=peer
host=sip-proxy.atl0.cbeyond.net
dtmfmode=auto
context=from-pstn

Register string-
username:password@TrunkName/username – (TrunkName MUST match whatever you’ve named this trunk)

Hope this helps someone save some time!

Doug

I can’t believe someone found a I fix. I am going to give this a try. My first issue is it never registered but I never knew about the trunk name part. They are pretty dump in tech support I am hopping they get better now after the merger…

Howie,

That’s what I experienced the first couple of hours trying to get it working - trunk was not registering. The SIP guy at Cbeyond said he found a couple of things he had to change on their end but did not specify what. The TrunkName in the register string has to match whatever you name your trunk - I did name mine “cbeyond” so in my instance “un:pw@cbeyond/un” works. The original config they sent me also had register=250 which they later told me caused their firewall to block my IP for reporting options every 250 ms. There were several other things we tried, and I do not remember all right now, but the above config is still working with no problems.

Doug

on my old trixbox server I do have trunk named CBeyond just but I don’t think I had it exactly the same on FreePBX. No one at CBeyond told me that. By any chance do you know the name of the engineer? It is hard to get one who knows what they are doing.

Howie,

Check your messages, I sent you a PM.

Doug

Option #2 on this page:

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/F2/Trunk+Sample+Configurations

Will allow you to set-up FreePBX with almost any provider that supports SIP…

Cbeyond is goofy. Most of the time it is the registration part that gets you. Like it was mentioned you have to have the trunk name exactly the same in the registration string as you named the trunk. I never knew that I and talked to them for hours and not once did someone ask me about that. CBeyond has just lost all the good tech support people no one knows anything there. They just keep telling you to call a vendor. How would a vendor know the setup unless you speak to engineer. My god is take hours to get and engineer on the line. Most SIP providers give you a basic template to start from. All they give you is basic login info for every SIP switch out there. They have no Wiki or anything with them. When the service works though it is rock solid. I will give them that. thanks for link…