CardDAV library for OUTBOUND/INBOUND CNAM and XML Phonebook

Hi guys! I want to share with you a project i am working on!

Let’s say in your home or firm you only have a CardDAV server for managing your contacts but you also want to get them on your phone… Well basically you can’t.

So i have created this library that allows you to:

1. Read a CardDAV server and get back a XML phonebook to use with your phones
  2. Set the inbound CNAM with the help of Superfecta CID
  3. Set the outbound CNAM with the help of the homonym module

More info on my GitHub Page. I’m planning to make it even more integrated with FreePBX (making it a module) and so on.

The library is totally free for personal use (if you want to use it commercially please contact me) so if you like it, you can donate. I greatly appreciate any help.

paypal

3 Likes

What type of xml phonebooks does it support? Different phones use different xml values. The Ciscos use xml-phonebooks, the Digium/Sangoma d-series phones too, but the files look quite different…

Hi, we must have a cardDAV server running externaly ? Is there a solution tu install the CardDaV server on the distro ?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

IANAL but I’m generally sure your licensing is invalid.

You need to choose a license or I guess apt licensing per file.

The GPL is a free (as in freedom) license which means you don’t get to add restrictions to it.

This code seem to be php 4 or 5.3ish. I would recommend bringing it up to date if you hope to solicit funding. Bringing the code in line with FreePBX 14 or 15 would be a good start.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.