Card not recognized (Sangoma A500)

Hi,
To give you some context I have a FreePBX 60 appliance, with 2 PCIE cards (a Sangoma A200 for PSTN lines with echo cancellation module, and a Sangoma A500 for ISDN lines)
I was running on FreePBX 14.0.13.23 and Asterisk 13.29.2 and I’m trying now a fresh install with the SNG7-PBX-64bit-1904 release.
The A200 card seems to be working as it should since first install but now I’m trying to make the A500 work and nothing seems to help.
I spent 1h with Technical support of the Reseller I got the cards and servers from until he gave up and said this was out of his scope.
I’m sure the solution is not that complicated, but I haven’t been able to crack it yet so I’d really appreciate your help.

My first step was to check after connecting the card was to go in Dahdi Config in the GUI (as it should normally auto pick up the card, but for some reason that never worked, not even for the A200)
So I had to install them both manually by running /usr/sbin/wancfg_dahdi where the system detects both cards, no problem. I configure all the ports, point to point, dial group 1, FCC, TE127 for all of them, save, restart dahdi and asterisk.
I thought that would fix it, but if the A200 shows up normally with 2 ports in the analog hardware, the A500 is either missing and displaying an error “undefined index: min_ch File:/var/www/html/admin/modules/dahdiconfig/includes/dahdi_cards.class.php:252”, or listed as undefined on all the row., with “Edit” not redirecting to anything.

I always get an error on the dashboard that says “Unable to write to /etc/wanpipe/global.conf” “Please change permissions on /etc/wanpipe/global.conf or disable Sangoma DIGIUM mode”
I had a look but can’t find the file in question, there are only 4 files in that folder: anaconda-ks.cfg ks-post-chroot.log ks-post.log original-ks.cfg
I thought it might have something to do with it because of wanpipe so I might as well tell you.

So I wanted to ask you:
-Is it possible that I did not set up the hardware correctly ? Module in the wrong slot ? Everything is in TE, and the module is on the red side (NT is the green side), in the closest slot to the ports, I plugged the molex connector in and the card is connected to the PCIE port. Right now I have one port with red light on the front panel (and 2 for the A200) The A200 has the FX module and is connected via PCIE too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks,

Jack
tell me if you need more outputs:
[root@freepbx ~]# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series SoC Transaction Register (rev 0e)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display (rev 0e)
00:13.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor E3800 Series SATA AHCI Controller (rev 0e)
00:1a.0 Encryption controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Trusted Execution Engine (rev 0e)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor E3800 Series PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev 0e)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor E3800 Series PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev 0e)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor E3800 Series PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev 0e)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor E3800 Series PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev 0e)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series USB EHCI (rev 0e)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Power Control Unit (rev 0e)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Atom Processor E3800 Series SMBus Controller (rev 0e)
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82583V Gigabit Network Connection
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82583V Gigabit Network Connection
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82583V Gigabit Network Connection
04:00.0 PCI bridge: Pericom Semiconductor Device 2304 (rev 05)
05:01.0 PCI bridge: Pericom Semiconductor Device 2304 (rev 05)
05:02.0 PCI bridge: Pericom Semiconductor Device 2304 (rev 05)
06:00.0 PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX8112 x1 Lane PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge (rev aa)
07:04.0 Network controller: Sangoma Technologies Corp. A200/Remora FXO/FXS Analog AFT card
08:00.0 PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX8112 x1 Lane PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge (rev aa)
09:04.0 Network controller: Sangoma Technologies Corp. A200/Remora FXO/FXS Analog AFT card

That should help too, apparently both are detected but one can’t be configured ?

[root@freepbx ~]# dahdi_cfg -vv

DAHDI Tools Version - 2.11.1

DAHDI Version: 2.11.1

Echo Canceller(s): HWEC

Configuration

======================

SPAN 1: CCS/ AMI Build-out: 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

SPAN 2: CCS/ AMI Build-out: 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

Channel map:

Channel 01: Clear channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)

Channel 02: Clear channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 02)

Channel 03: Hardware assisted D-channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: none) (Slaves: 03)

Channel 04: Clear channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 04)

Channel 05: Clear channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 05)

Channel 06: Hardware assisted D-channel (Default) (Echo Canceler: none) (Slaves: 06)

Channel 07: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 07)

Channel 08: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 08)

8 channels to configure.

DAHDI_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: Invalid argument (22)

[root@freepbx ~]#

Found a working solution:
run this
modprobe wcte13xp
dahdi_cfg -vv

apply config and restart dahdi & asterisk

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.