Can't upgrade to 16

[root@pbx ~]# fwconsole versionupgrade --upgrade
Sorry incron.d could not pick upgrade process

Anybody else seen this? yum update -y and fwconsole ma upgradeall to current and a reboot didn’t clear it - versionupgrade --check says I am ready to go, but no dice when I actually try and proceed.

Ok - Now I am getting this on a second machine - surely I am not the only person seeing this?

[root@pbx-dmc ~]# fwconsole versionupgrade --check
±-------±---------------------------------------------------±----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Status | Name | Description |
±-------±---------------------------------------------------±----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| O | Files ownership | Files under /var/www/html appear to be owned by the correct user |
| O | System is registered | Your system has a valid deployement |
| X | Detected modules that are not supported by Sangoma |

We have detected the following modules which are either unsigned, or not signed by Sangoma Technologies.Please confirm all of them are supported on PBX 16 and PHP 7.4 before proceeding.

clearlytrunking
framework
ucp
versionupgrade
|
| O | Asterisk 13 or higher | Your Asterisk version of 18.6.0 is supported |
| O | NodeJS 8.0.0 or higher | Your NodeJS Version of 8.16.0 is supported |
| O | SQL 5.5.52 or higher | Your SQL Version of 5.5.65 is supported |
| O | PHP 5.6 or higher | Your PHP Version of 5.6.40 is supported |
| O | FreePBX 15 | Your FreePBX Version of 15.0.23 is supported |
You may proceed to upgrade
[root@pbx-dmc ~]# fwconsole versionupgrade --upgrade

Is incron.d running? What do logs show?

Why are framework, ucp and versionupgrade not showing signed properly? I would check that.

As I recall they don’t use the Sangoma signing keys and have modified framework to permit their own.

Well, this explains some things.

[root@pbx-dmc ~]# systemctl status incrond.service
● incrond.service - Inotify System Scheduler
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/incrond.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Wed 2022-04-13 13:59:55 MDT; 4h 5min left
Main PID: 649 (incrond)
CGroup: /system.slice/incrond.service
├─ 649 /usr/sbin/incrond
├─4412 php /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/hooks/voipfirewalld
└─5055 voipfirewalld (Monitor thread)

incron.d logs are in /var/log/cron along with crontab logs.

/var/log/asterisk/freepbx.log might have some useful info too.

The versionupgrade module you are using is showing as not signed by Sangoma so I’ll assume (very weakly) that CIP has modified it to work with their repo, framework, clearlytrunking, etc.

Hailing @jfinstrom who can speak more authoritatively about it. Other than general debugging thoughts (look at the log files) I can’t give more advice because I don’t know what the differences are here.

The only module currently patched is framework and the only patch done there is to add our GPG key. No other changes are made to any other module. Remember we are the ones who wrote FreePBX we know how it all works without making changes to the internals :slight_smile:

I am currently on my mobile heading for coffee. I will read the rest of this post to see if I can be more helpful when I get to my desk

His output says that versionupgrade is unsigned/not signed by Sangoma, so if it’s not Sangoma’s and CIP didn’t change it then he’s got something bogus.

So the unsigned modules aren’t an issue except moduleupdate. This is a “feature” not a bug. In order for a module to add an incron job it has to be signed. This allows some level of security cocnsidering anything put in incron runs as root.

I would run fwconsole -ma downloadinstall veersionupgrade so that module is signed.
The other option is to simply run the script yourself.

It is trying to run the script for php update
versionupgrade/hooks/phpupdate.sh

Once thats done it shouldn’t attempt to add the incron because your php version will be correct.

Note I am running my development on 16 and upgraded through the module. I don’t recall any hickups and at the time there were multiple complaints so I was pleasantly surprised.

Hello

Thank you for opening this thread. I have a very similar issue here. My unsigned modules are framework, versionupgrade and ucp. I also had clearlydevices but uninstalled it. Same error message :

fwconsole versionupgrade --upgrade

Found those 3 lines in /var/log/cron
Apr 14 11:48:43 pbx incrond[23597]: (system::sysadmin) CMD (/usr/bin/sysadmin_manager versionupgrade.upgrade-php)
Apr 14 11:48:43 pbx sysadmin-hook[31446]: sysadmin hook started - ["/usr/bin/sysadmin_manager",“versionupgrade.upgrade-php”]
Apr 14 11:48:43 pbx sysadmin-hook[31446]: Module signed by key not in whitelist.

Checked in /usr/bin/sysadmin_manager and found the whitelist. I blurred the keys manually here with 12345 :
// These are the keys that are allowed to run root hooks.
$whitelist = array(
“12345” => “FreePBX Master Key”,
“12345” => “Signing Server 1 (2014-2020)”,
“12345” => “Signing Server Backup (2014-2020)”,
“12345” => “FreePBX Master Key v2”,
“12345” => “Mirror Server”,
“12345” => “Jason Parker [email protected] (Developer, Sangoma)”,
“12345” => “Matt Brooks [email protected] (Developer, Sangoma)”,
“12345” => “FreePBX QA Module Signing [email protected]”,
);

Anybody knows if there is any key missing here that should be added for incron to execute the upgrade?

Thank you

The keys are public knowledge and publicly available. You don’t need to mask them.

Hmm I am having this same issue as well with “Sorry incron.d could not pick upgrade process”
I have clearlyIP modules installed as well as using their mirrors I believe. Could that be apart of the issue?
I am not sure where the phpupdate.sh script is located as @jfinstrom spoke about either.

Yes. That would be a cause of this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.