Cant install asterisk on fedora 26

Hi people, when i try to install Dahdi on fedora 26 , after i made the structure of the directories, and i go to dahdi uncompressede folder and type make i get the following

/dahdi/dahdi-linux-complete-2.11.1+2.11.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/dahdi-base.c: In function ‘dahdi_ioctl_iomux’:
/dahdi/dahdi-linux-complete-2.11.1+2.11.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/dahdi-base.c:5954:7: error: implicit declaration of function ‘signal_pending’; did you mean ‘timer_pending’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
if (signal_pending(current)) {
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
timer_pending

please help!!

Hi!

I am pretty sure it’s this:

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/DAHLIN-354

It has nothing to do with FreePBX but all to do with your choice of distro and the fact it tends to have newer kernels than most of the others…

I personally use Fedora 26 on one of my computers but problems like that with a distro which is more bleeding edge are to be expected…

Honestly, I am not sure it’s the best match for a PBX, Centos or Sangoma 7 would be much safer to avoid those kind of problems… Unless you are willing to compile your own or revert to a previous kernel you are pretty much SOL with Fedora 26 right now…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

1 Like

hi it worked for dahdi thaks!!
is there any solution like this but for libpri and asterisk , i am having the same problem with them …?

Hi!

I am glad…

I actually found that ticket based on the error message you posted. As you didn’t give the actually error message for libpri and Asterisk and a quick google didn’t find anything interesting I cannot unfortunately suggest anything.

Your best bet would be to ask on the Asterisk forums (this is clearly an Asterisk problem and not a FreePBX one) on http://forums.asterisk.org, if there are similar patches they would know about them.

Be careful about applying those patches though since they have not yet been considered stable enough to be committed.

As I said before I am not sure installing Asterisk on such a bleeding edge distro is such a good idea, this is not the last time you will have these kind of problems… I had it countless of times with the Nvdia drivers on my Fedora box…

Nick

1 Like

I have the same issue!
An advise on how to apply the patches will be very much appreciated!

well im thinking about to make a downgrade, you know fedora 23 or an ubuntu tls never disapointed me.

Hi!

I would definitely not go with a no longer supported version of Fedora but an Ubuntu LTS release is most likely stable enough to be used for this…

Best bet would most likely be a Centos or, better yet, the FreePBX distro…

Nick

Hi,

Someone has already answered your question on the Asterisk forums…

Honestly you really should consider using a less bleeding edge distro… They are already suggestin in the ticket that there will be other problems when kernel 4.13 is released so you will continually have to track down patches (assuming they exist) each time you update that box…

And with a bleeding edge distro like Fedora you will pretty soon have that kernel…

Have a nice day,

Nick