Can't get reliable DTMF working-need help

When I try to get in to the conference call service (3rd party system, provided by clients) either no keypresses are recognized, or only a few are (or sometimes they are incorrect). Same for UPS tracking. However I can call in to ATT or Verizon cell phone voicemail systems, as well as some IVRs and have no issues.

The trunks and extensions are all set to rfc2833, using ulaw. The phones are all Polycoms (mostly IP 560 models). The SIP provider (IPComms) says to use rfc2833. So that should all be correct, but obviously it isn’t working well.

No idea where to look at this point.

Asterisk 1.8.11, FreePBX 2.10.

I did try adding DTMF transport info to the .cfg file (just added it for one phone so far) but it didn’t seem to make a difference.

Sometimes the numbers are recognized, sometimes they aren’t-the conference call system repeats the code back if it is incorrect, so I’m able to check that. I was able to log in once, but no idea why that worked.

CAn you turn on dtmf logs?

in logger.conf

dtmflogs => dtmf

then do “logger reload”

Then do a tail -f /var/log/asterisk/dtmflogs and see what you are sending is the same as what asterisk is receiving or not?

Have you tried dtmfmode=auto as opposed to dtmfmode=rfc2833 in the trunk settings?

My DTMF logging shows the expected input (all numbers are present and accounted for). The receiving end for the conference call system repeats back a failed code, and usually is only repeating 4-6 of the numbers, though once in a while is getting some duplicates.

I haven’t changed the trunk settings-they were configured explicitly by the SIP provider (i.e. they logged in and configured them). I will check with them to see what they say about making that change.

Then i suppose the phone is sending correctly and asterisk is sending correctly. Now, you need to get your remote peer (the provider) to see what they are receiving instead.

You can try =auto setting or try every option like sipinfo, inband…and see which is most reliable. So far, when everything fails, inband seem to work although it is well known to create other havocs :S

good luck