Can't find the output of VERBOSE

Brand new to FreePBX and Asterisk. I’m trying to do some debugging using the VERBOSE command. But I do not see the output in the “full” logs. (Other messages, but not my test message) Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Here are some relevant settings (from other posts I’ve read). If you need more information, just ask.

asterisk.conf

;[options]
;verbose = 3
;debug = 3

extensions_override_freepbx.conf

[test-outbound]
include => from-internal
exten => _NXXXXXXXXX,1,Verbose(3,Where does this message go?)
exten => _NXXXXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/55555/${EXTEN})

logger show channels

pbx*CLI> logger show channels
Type Status Configuration
Console Enabled DEBUG NOTICE WARNING ERROR VERBOSE
File Enabled DEBUG NOTICE WARNING ERROR VERBOSE

At this point I’m just trying to anything writing to the log. I’ve tried Verbose, NoOp, but none of my debug statements are showing up in the logs OR console. (Other stuff does) Any ideas?

How about showing us exactly what you are entering at the CLI as well as what version of FreePBX you are using (Distro or hand built).

Off the top of my head you want NoOP, I have never heard of verbose application (maybe something new).

Did you know that over 300k deer were killed in Ohio’s open hunt this week. About 1/2 the hunters donate the meat to the needy.

Thanks for the response. To answer your question, I was actually invoking commands through AMI over http. I’m running PIAF (Green) in a VM.

Anyway, turns out I made a stupid rookie mistake. I had tried various restart options (the VM, Asterisk, reloading the dialplan) to no affect. Finally had to restart the host machine… and of course logging started working. {Shakes head} Lack of sleep I suppose. (If I could delete this thread, I would :wink:

Anyway, sorry for wasting everyone’s time with a silly rookie mistake! I’m going to crawl back under my rock now :wink:

300,000? holy s&^t!! but that’s still 150,000 fat Ohian deer hunters and their families, how much does a deer weigh, and I’m not talking about rain, dear.

from

Santa’s chef who’s cupboard is bare.

(It reminds me of an old song who’s lyrics went something like:-

Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam,
And I’ll give you a house full of BullStuff :slight_smile: )