I have an HA cluster with the internal address of node 1 10.66.0.5 and node 2 10.66.0.6 and a roaming address of 10.66.0.4. from inside the network, all phones connect to 10.66.0.4 with no problem. however even when dmz’ing my server I never even see external phones hit the server(sip debugging on) but if I change the DMZ address to 10.66.0.5 all external devices connect immediately.
this is driving me insane as I know the server is responding on 10.66.0.4 because of the internal phones that connect to it and I know my firewall rules are correct as simply changing the internal address that gets pointed to fixes it, however, I no longer have HA if I don’t point to the roaming address.
I am not even sure where to look to see what is going on differently between the 2 addresses. my only thought is that node 1 is receiving on 10.66.0.4 and then replying from 10.66.0.5 thus confusing the router.
on a side note. if I enable DMZ on 10.66.0.5 and connect several phones over the WAN and then switch the DMZ address back to 10.66.0.4 all connected phones keep working and sometimes even reconnect but new phones don’t seem to make it through the firewall.