Cant connect to Asterisk after restore to freepbx version 15

Hi guys, after following instructions to restore an old system (v1.81) to the lastst one (ver15) asterisk doesn’t work. here is the first screenshot i got.

a friend suggested to check if the manager password in Advanced Settings match the secret in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf but i when i try to access manager.conf i got permission denied. So what i did is i copied the settings from the DONOR asterisk file to the new one. but again no luck.

Any suggestions guys ? Please provide your help

Thanks in advance.

Are you logged in as the root user? Give yourself permissions

i am not familiar how to do that and what commands to use in order to do so
furthermore i modified the manager.conf by editing the file but still nothing

Blockquote
[ast]
secret = loLO90
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate,message
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate,message
writetimeout = 5000

I am not sure what you are doing here.

All you were asked to do is to match the password from manager.conf and the one in advanced settings. You said you have no permission.

Apparently you do have permissions to at least read the file… Can you please do as suggested in the other thread?

i did match the manager.conf file. but again it didnt change the status of asterisk. i the new system the advanced settings page is blank. i believe that this is because asterisk is not connecting

this is the old asterisk settings :

and this is the new asterisk manager.conf file settings
;
; AMI - Asterisk Manager interface - Generated at 2020-03-30T16:48:16+00:00
;
; FreePBX needs this to be enabled. Note that if you enable it on a different IP, you need
; to assure that this can’t be reached from un-authorized hosts with the ACL settings (permit/deny).
; Also, remember to configure non-default port or IP-addresses in amportal.conf.
;
; The AMI connection is used both by the portal and the operator’s panel in FreePBX.
;
; FreePBX assumes an AMI connection to localhost:5038 by default.
;
[general]
enabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
displayconnects=no ;only effects 1.6+

[ast]
secret = loLO90
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate,message
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate,message
writetimeout = 5000

#include manager_additional.conf
#include manager_custom.conf

Again, no one told you to match it with the OLD system.

What happens when you try to access Advanced Settings on the new server?

you were right i misread the answer of @lgaetz. when i press the advanced settings on the new server it returns a blank page:

Did you try clearing cache?

I don’t know if in FreePBX 15 there’s a dedicated module for advanced settings

Try running

fwconsole ma downloadinstall framework --force

executed the command and then did fwconsole reload. this is what came up in cli and the gui is still blank

any further instructions please ?

I don’t have enough experience with FreePBX 15 yet.

Did you read the error? Does that file exist?

Quick question - is there a mohmp3 module for Asterisk 15? Do you need to rebuild Asterisk to get that added or is a loadable module that you just aren’t loading yet?

how can i investigate any of these 3 options ?
lookup for the mohmp3 module ?
rebuild asterisk ?
or
load the unloaded module ?
can you please send the commands ?
thanks

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.