Can't configure CAS signalling on TE420 only have CCS on drop down

I am trying to hook up a Verilink 8224 which uses E1 and only supports CAS and FAS. I don’t think FAS will work with DAHDi so I am trying to get CAS working.

In connectivity -> DAHDi config and then editing my SPAN 3 I only have options for CCS/HDB3 with or without CRC4 but I need to use CAS and can’t see how I can set it.
SPAN 1 & 2 are set for CCS with PRI signalling and they are working correctly (to different equipment).

Asterisk version 11.15.0
FreePBX version 6.12.65-24

dahdi]# dahdi_hardware
pci:0000:04:08.0 wct4xxp+ d161:1420 Wildcard TE420 (5th Gen)

and /etc/dahdi/system.conf has
span=1,1,0,CCS,HDB3,CRC4
span=2,1,0,CCS,HDB3,CRC4
span=3,1,0,CCS,HDB3,CRC4

I think I want span=3,1,0,CAS,AMI,CRC4
The file tells me to check http://freepbx.org/configuration_files to see how to add my own config but system.conf isn’t listed on that web page.

trying to edit the above just to see if it works I change span 3 to CAS but doing that dahdi won’t start from a service dahdi restart I get
Running dahdi_cfg: DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 78: Invalid argument (22)
Selected signaling not supported
Possible causes:
dchan is being used on a BRI span (use hardhdlc)
Signaling is being assigned to channel 16 of an E1 CAS span
[FAILED]

Messing around with config in Freepbx I can’t seem to satisfy dahdi. If I hand edit and remove 78 from dchan in system.conf and change signalling to e&me1 then dahdi will start but span 1 and 2 don’t look entirely happy.

Any ideas?

There are things I can do manually to make the link come up but actually getting traffic flowing seems difficult. I was getting stuck on signalling and configuration.
I had initially tried to get this working thru a protocol converter but gave up because it seemed this might be easier.
Today I went back to the protocol converter and seem to be making progress. Can making inbound calls at least.

Mark as closed