Can't check voicemails anymore

When I log into the web interface to check voicemails I see this.

“Too many files in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/101/INBOX/msg0202.wav. Not all files processed

Call monitor works, but voicemail shows 0 files/voicemails.

I tried following this advice after a quick google search

I changed it from 3000 to 3000000 and it still gives the same error. I changed directory count from 10 to 400, and same issue. I rebooted the system after making the changes.

I also am about 900 GB free on the partition for freepbx.

If I am missing something silly, feel free to smack me and point me in the direction of the thread/manual/documentation I should be reading to fix this.

One of my biggest pet peeves with messageboards is when someone figures out the solution and doesn’t go back to tell everyone. I did solve this, and here is how incase anyone else has this problem. :smile:

I edited /var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php and I changed $SETTINGS_MAX_FILES=3000; to $SETTINGS_MAX_FILES=30000;

I am probably the last person on earth to not realize how to fix this, thus no response. However, if there does so happen to exist someone even more ignorant and stupid than I am, I hope this helps them solve their problem!

I still get a worrisome DB Error: unknown error when I open the call monitor page for this same extension, but I have no idea what that means. That will be my next hunt.

While I did find a lot of non-working solutions, the one that I did find, buried in a bug report from 2010, was on this site, and very helpful. I wouldn’t have fixed this without this community. Thank you very much and Merry Christmas!