Can't access conf files

I recently upgraded from 2.3xxx to 2.5 using the ‘Module Admin’ interface. I did upgrade completely to 2.4 first, then to 2.5 in a step by step process. Everything went smoothly and it appears everything works. However I do not see some of the config files I use to access with the ‘Config Edit’ interface. Specifically (Partial list):

extensions.conf
extensions_additional.conf
features.conf

…there are more.

I know the content of these files are still available because everything works.

I then set up a version of PBX-in-a-Flash on a virtual machine for some testing and upgraded it to the same level (all modules current) as my operational server. There are no user modifications to this virtual machine yet. i.e. no extensions or trunks, etc.

The missing config files are available in the virtual machine. I also have some files available on the operational server that I do not see in the virtual machine.

Do I have some permission set wrong? Have I messed up something?

Please note: I did add two additional modules to the virtual machine before I noticed the discrepancy. I immediately uninstalled them but the discrepancy remains. The two modules were ‘Asterisk API’ and "‘Asterisk CLI’.
|
|

Virtual Machine config files available in /etc/asterisk…

asterisk.conf
cdr_mysql.conf
enum.conf
extensions.conf
extensions_additional.conf
extensions_custom.conf
extensions_override_freepbx.conf
features.conf
features_applicationmap_additional.conf
features_applicationmap_custom.conf
features_featuremap_additional.conf
features_featuremap_custom.conf
features_general_additional.conf
features_general_custom.conf
flite.conf
globals_custom.conf
iax.conf
iax_additional.conf
iax_custom.conf
iax_custom_post.conf
iax_general_additional.conf
iax_general_custom.conf
iax_registrations.conf
iax_registrations_custom.conf
indications.conf
logger.conf
manager.conf
manager_additional.conf
manager_custom.conf
meetme.conf
meetme_additional.conf
modem.conf
modules.conf
musiconhold.conf
musiconhold_additional.conf
musiconhold_custom.conf
parking_additional.inc
phone.conf
phpagi.conf
privacy.conf
queues.conf
queues_additional.conf
queues_custom.conf
queues_custom_general.conf
queues_general_additional.conf
queues_post_custom.conf
rtp.conf
sip.conf
sip_additional.conf
sip_custom.conf
sip_custom_post.conf
sip_general_additional.conf
sip_general_custom.conf
sip_nat.conf
sip_registrations.conf
sip_registrations_custom.conf
vm_email.inc
vm_general.inc
voicemail.conf
zapata-auto.conf
zapata.conf
zapata_additional.conf
|
|

Operational Server config files available in /etc/asterisk…

asterisk.conf
cdr.conf
cdr_custom.conf
cdr_mysql.conf
enum.conf
extensions_custom.conf
extensions_override_freepbx.conf
features_applicationmap_custom.conf
features_featuremap_custom.conf
features_general_custom.conf
festival.conf
flite.conf
followme.conf
globals_custom.conf
iax_custom.conf
iax_custom_post.conf
iax_general_custom.conf
iax_registrations_custom.conf
localprefixes.conf
logger.conf
manager_custom.conf
meetme.conf
modem.conf
modules.conf
musiconhold_custom.conf
parking_additional.inc
phone.conf
phpagi.conf
privacy.conf
queues_custom.conf
queues_custom_general.conf
queues_post_custom.conf
rtp.conf
sip_custom.conf
sip_custom_post.conf
sip_general_custom.conf
sip_nat.conf
sip_registrations_custom.conf
vm_email.inc
vm_general.inc
voicemail.conf
zapata-auto.conf
zapata.conf
|
|

The modules I current have installed in both machines

Basic
Builtin setup Enabled
Core setup 2.5.1.1 Enabled
Feature Code Admin setup 2.5.0.3 Enabled
FreePBX ARI Framework setup 2.5.2.rc1 Enabled
FreePBX FOP Framework setup 2.5.0 Enabled
FreePBX Framework setup 2.5.1.0 Enabled
FreePBX Localization Updates setup 2.5.1 Enabled
System Dashboard tool 2.5.0.2 Enabled
Voicemail setup 2.5.1.4 Enabled

Inbound Call Control
Blacklist setup 2.5.0.2 Enabled
Follow Me setup 2.5.1.7 Enabled
IVR setup 2.5.20.5 Enabled

Internal Options & Configuration
Call Forward setup 2.5.0.1 Enabled
Call Waiting setup 2.5.0 Enabled
Callback setup 2.5.0.2 Enabled
Conferences setup 2.5.1.5 Enabled
DISA setup 2.5.1.6 Enabled
Do-Not-Disturb (DND) setup 2.5.0.5 Enabled
Info Services setup 2.5.0.1 Enabled
Misc Destinations setup 2.5.0.2 Enabled
Music on Hold setup 2.5.1.1 Enabled
Recordings setup 3.3.8.8 Enabled

Maintenance
A2Billing Admin tool 1.0 Enabled
ConfigEdit tool 1.0 Enabled
Sys Info tool phpsysinfo 2.5.3 Enabled
phpMyAdmin tool 2.11.0 Enabled

Support
Asterisk Logfiles tool 2.5.0 Enabled

System Administration
Asterisk Info tool 2.5.0.1 Enabled

Third Party Addon
Print Extensions tool 2.5.0.3 Enabled

cocot,

You provided some good detail but missed some important things…

You build this by hand? (I’m 99.8% sure the answer is nope and you used a distro). What distro did you use? (75% sure the answer is trixbox).

The reason nobody answered the question so far is that the option ‘Config Edit’ is not something that is a part of FreePBX. go to http://YourVoIPAddress/admin and while that is a part of the URL you’ll not find that option anyplace.

It is a part of the http://YourVoIPAddress/maint web address I’ll bet More specifically http://YourVoIPAddress/maint/index.php?configEdit. That is all trixbox written code, we don’t own, write or support that part. So the place to take that issue up is at www.trixbox.org, or you are getting to a similar location on another distribution which again FreePBX does not own, write or support.

Now that doesn’t mean that somebody might know the answer and if they see your post speak up, but you’ve already limited the number of people who might by posting here instead of in a better location.

Please remember that many of us who try and help are just regular users just like you (I do network engineering, design and IT support for my company and just happened to be smarter on phone systems then anybody else). Heck I help out because I like to when I can and learn some very interesting things from the ways people use and do things I never thought of.

So it is important to provide complete accurate and detailed information at the beginning so people don’t have to guess at details that while you might think are not important in the end can be. I’ve never seen a post saying way to much detailed info that we don’t need.

While almost everybody here does try and help everybody out that we can, realize that the priority is FreePBX based issues first as that is the intent of this site, then from there other distributions, OS config issues, general asterisk issues, and down near the very bottom beginner never touched a linux box help me, can it do xxx posts, along with those obvious ones that get answered with please learn to use your favorite search engine and at least look before asking, questions.

Overall remember we are not telepathic, we just happen to work in/with telephony.

fskrotzki ,

xxxx edited for content lol, xxxx

cocot

with the help of someone I found the answer and corrected it.

Apparently PBX-in-a Flash is intentionally trying to hide some of the conf files so we don’t mess them up.

here is the link on how to patch your system to HIDE the files. NOTE, if you want to see the files instead of hiding them, read on.

http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331&highlight=configedit

What I did to SHOW the missing conf files was go to the following directory using Filezilla to access my Linux box.

var/www/html/maint/configedit

Then open and edit cls_phpconfig.php

This file has a script that prevents some of the config files from showing up in the ‘Config Edit’ tool

here is the offending code (about 3/4 of the way into the file):

$noshow = array(
	"sip.conf",
	"iax.conf", 
	"extensions.conf", 
	"indications.conf", 
	"features.conf", 
	"manager.conf", 
	"musiconhold.conf", 
	"queues.conf", 
) ;

$dir = opendir($directory);
while ($file = readdir($dir)) {
	if (substr($file,-16) == "_additional.conf" || substr($file,-19) == "_registrations.conf") {
		$noshow[] = $file;
	}
}
closedir($dir);

****** end of code sample

Here is what i edited:

$noshow = array(
“xxx.conf”
) ;

$dir = opendir($directory);
while ($file = readdir($dir)) {
	if (substr($file,-16) == "_xxx.conf") {
		$noshow[] = $file;
	}
}
closedir($dir);

****** end of code sample

I can now see the conf files that were previously missing.\

This does not explain why my virual machine is different than my actual machine. I am thinking I must have changed the order of some of the upgrades. However, problem is solved.

cocot

cocot, temper, temper… there is ABSOLUTELY no need for that kind of language here. If you have any decency then edit you post and let go of all anger.

The help that you receive here are from volunteers like me that do this on our spare time. If you need help beyond that feel free to go to http://freepbx.org/support-and-professoinal-services and your matter will be quick and accurate dealt with.

The reason for not seeing all your files is about rights, check that all files in /etc/asterisk are have owner and group set to asterisk.
Then check the permission for directory /var/lib/php/session so that is owned by asterisk (session directory should be 770).
Then empty your /tmp
Close any browser that you have open against FreePBX, restart httpd with /etc/init.d/httpd restart, go to /var/lib/php/session and delete all files there then try again.

Mikael Carlsson

Mikael Carlsson,

I appreciate both your comment on my response to fskrotzki as well as your notes on the problem. While your response was measured and considerate of my possible feelings, I have to say that fskrotzki rubbed me the wrong way.

However, in consideration of your polite request I an going to edit it. I want to add that I did not use any foul or inappropriate language. I am sure you were being humorous when you suggested otherwise. This will not be apparent to anyone once I edit the post so I thought I would just say so.

Thank you for you time and though to my problem. I will look into your suggestions.

cocot