#nano -w /var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php
and edited $ARI_ADMIN_PASSWORD=“new password”

Still can log to ARI with admin/ari_password

restarted web server
#/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart

restarted asterisk
#amportal restart

rebooted the server

still the same: admin/ari_password works, and my new password does not.

Verified:
#nano -w /var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php
and $ARI_ADMIN_PASSWORD=“new password”.

Am I missing something?

Check your /etc/amportal.conf for these lines:

# This is the default admin name used to allow an administrator to login to ARI bypassing all security.
# Change this to whatever you want, don't forget to change the ARI_ADMIN_PASSWORD as well
ARI_ADMIN_USERNAME=admin

# This is the default admin password to allow an administrator to login to ARI bypassing all security.
# Change this to a secure password.
ARI_ADMIN_PASSWORD=ari_password

Change the password here if the above lines are present.

Thanks.
I checked /etc/amportal.conf and it does not have ARI username/password.
I added them to the end of the file and now I can log in using the new password.
I guess ARI does not read passwords form main.conf.php file anymore, but from /etc/amportal.conf?

Had the same problem after upgrading to 2.8.0.2 Made the same change as you then #amportal restart Notice has disappeared from System Status page. Thanks.

I didn’t have any ari password entries in the amportal.conf and had changed the ari password in the main.conf.php file but still was able to log in with the default username and password. I added the lines suggested above to my amportal.conf file and it fixed the problem.

Thanks

I got the previous issue, the solution is here: http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/installation/freepbx-asterisk-1-8-logout-admin-panel#comment-32828

Regards,

Hello,
I have asterisk 1.8 with freepbx 2.8, and I have done all over this proposed customizations, the notice about the Ari_admin despaired after following this steps, but I still having full access to the amportal without password prompt, neither without any option to get logout…

After making the modification, i fully reboot the server, I even clean my cache int eh browser, but i still having full access to the amportal without password prompt…

Any idea??

Thanks,