Cannot add new IAX2 Trunks [RESOLVED]

Hi,

I create multiple IAX2 trunks for connect my offices but new IAX2 trunk cannot show on peers. see pictures below:

CLI result:
Name/Username Host Mask Port Status Description
System4/System1 XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (S) 255.255.255.255 4569 (T) (E) OK (309 ms)
1 iax2 peers [1 online, 0 offline, 0 unmonitored]

Any tip?

Post the settings that you have in each iax trunk. Obviously you press apply changes or else your changes don’t pass to asterisk.

Hi,

Yes I’m press apply, :slight_smile: I have more 3 FreePBX using IAX2 trunk, but this particulary, cannot add more, the setting’s is same using others, just adapt to this situation…

Config:

Trunk Name: System3
Hide CallerID: "No"
Outbound CallerID: "CallerID"
CID Options: "Allow Any"
Maximum Channels: "10"
Asterisk Trunk Dial Options: “Tt” - "System"
Continue if Busy: "No"
Disable Trunk: “No”

iax Settings:

Outgoing:
Trunk Name: System 4
Peer Details:
username=System3
type=friend
trunk=yes
transfer=no
secret=PASSWORD
qualifyfreqok=25000
qualify=yes
host=HOST
forceencryption=yes
encryption=yes
context=from-internal
auth=md5

Incomming:
USER Context: System3
User Details:
type=user
secret=PASSWORD
context=from-internal

Register String: ““BLANK””

Any Ideia?

Put in your settings

requirecalltoken=no

at both sides of each trunk. Try again to give iax show peers to see if anything works.

No change, same error cannot show on iax show peers, I see on DB and the configuration is there, but asterisk cannot read this information, I try duplicate this trunk but new trunk cannot show on peers…

Through the linux console give the following commands

cd /etc/asterisk
grep System3 iax_*

It will show in which file the settings are. Open it and make sure that everything is inside.

1 Like

You are the one :smiley: thanks… I change file manually and all trunks is active now!

Well this is not solving your problem. Next time that you will press apply changes, the changes that you made in the actual files might be gone. It seems that there is a permissions issue, run the following command to check the permissions of the file

ls -lh iax2_file_that_contains_your_trunks

Post here the output.

astbox, I fix permissions in all files using other freepbx as example, after this all system is ok.

Thanks a lot, because is simples but some times we search a complex solution and forget basics…