Cannot access Asterisk from outside of local network

asterisk-1.6.2.13
asterisk-addons-1.6.2.2
freepbx-2.8.0

Thank you in advance for your advice. I am completely new to networking an ip-telephony, and have been struggling with this issue for many days now, so you are my last hope.

Installed Asterisk and all works fine on one computer, but when trying to access FreePBX dashboard and connect sip softphones from outside I get “server not accessible” error.

Asterisk is installed on Ubuntu which works on a Mac computer through Parallels 7 virtual machine.

Modem/router D-Link2450U. Set port forwarding to local ip 10.211.55.4 (which is displayed in freepbx web interface). Ports forwarded are UDP 5060-5082, 10000-20000, TCP 8088,5038.

Dynamic ip - using no-ip.com, xxxx.serveft.com. DNS port A forwarding. Client works fine, when trying to access xxxx.serveft.com opens D-Link modem admin page. When connecting computer to the internet not through router, the xxxx.serveft.com shows “page not found”

Sophtfone: x-lite

When running command
netstat -an | grep 5060
shows
udp 0 0.0.0.0:5060 0.0.0.0:*

Asterisk SIP settings. Nat yes; IP configuration: dynamic IP; dynamic host: xxxx.serveftpcom, refresh rate 10; local network" 10.211.55.0. Bind port: 5060.

/etc/asterisk/manager.conf

[general]
webenabled = yes
port= 5038
bindaddr 0.0.0.0.
displayconnects=0

[admin]
enabled = yes
secret=xxxxx
secret = YourPass
permit=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
read = all,system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
write = all,system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
; deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

Any ideas what can be the problem here? Thank you!

Can you be more specific? Are you trying to connect to the FreePBX interface or to Asterisk? How are you trying to connect? Have you forwarded the relevant ports (i.e. Port 5060 for SIP connections to Asterisk and/or Port 80 for outside connections to FreePBX)?

BTW- Unless you really know what you’ve doing, opening FreePBX and/or Asterisk up to outside connection is a VERY BAD idea, and I recommend that you NOT do it. If you need remote access, set-up a LogMeIn account on one of your local computers, or set-up a VPN.

The easiest way to remote support is to use putty’s proxy option and tunnel to http via ssh