Can you guys recommend how to test your system will work with large amount of concurrent calls?

I have now fully set up my freepbx system on premises. Thanks for everyone in this community for your help :slight_smile:

I am just wondering what is the best way to test my system?

We are currently running it on quite an old PC (Dell Optiplex 755 released Mid 2007) the specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz clock speed
2GB DDR2 SDRAM (I can add more if needed)
No graphics card
160GB Hard drive

It is working perfectly well, however I have only really been testing one phone call at a time. The maximum number of calls we will have at any time would be 10. Currently there are 18 employees but we would rarely have more than 3-4 people on the phone at once.

Do you guys think we need to test the system or should the computer we are using be sufficient for such a small number of calls?

Thanks

If you are running ulaw codec and no call recording, complex queues etc. it might be OK although I would perhaps stick an extra 2Gb RAM in it.

The only other thing would be the NIC, is it a 10/100?

1 Like

Maybe… you could setup a conference bridge where each attendee is repeating audio file or music, then keep adding attendees until audio quality suffers, network latency or the system crashes.

Your PC might work… but uuf a Core 2 Duo is OLD I’d be concerned about other hardware components like fans, power supply, that HDD, etc.

2 Likes

All we are doing is regular phone calls. No call recording, although we would like to use voicemail if out of hours or if nobody answers the phone.

Not sure with regards to NIC

Yeah its pretty old, around 2007 it was released. I think the PCs may have been bought around 2010. We got them for free so not sure

If people are using rasperry Pi’s I would have thought this could be just as powerful.

I might get everyone to make a phone call, and check the temperatue etc. of the computer in the FreePBX dashboard?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.