Can no longer play voicemails from the Outlook App on Android phones

Hello,
I am running FreePBX 15.xxx
When my users get a voicemail, it will send them an email with the .wav attachment. All mobile device users (Android or iPhone) have the Outlook app.
It’s been working great for many years. Now, suddenly users with Android phones are unable to open the attachment. iPhone users have no problems using the Outlook app also.
Our email environment is an on-premise Exchange server. Not Office 365.

I’ve done some searching and found a few articles from people with similar issues. Some recommended running a script to convert the .WAV files to MP3.

Does anyone also have this issue? If so, what are you doing to fix it?

FYI - I found out the latest version of the Outlook app for Android now has it’s own built-in audio player, and it doesn’t support WAV files that use GSM compression. If I go into the FreePBX Voicemail Settings and change the File Format to WAV instead of WAV49 it works. However, the WAV file size is six times that of WAV49 and does not appear to be a solution.

Another recommendation I saw was to use the Outlook Lite app, but it does not support Exchange other than 365. So, it looks like our Andriod users will have to suffer a month or two until we migrate over to Exchange Online, and then use the Outlook Lite app.

I hope this helps someone out that is having the same issue.

Do you know if FreePBX plans to update the WAV file format?

I would assume (maybe a poor assumption) they support mp3.

This post may help…

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.