Calls randomly being put on hold

We have a PBX system that is experiencing some issues with calls being placed on hold automatically. A user will be on the phone and in the middle of the conversation the call will be placed on hold and the user has to pickup the line again to continue the call. As far as I can tell it seems to be random but it does seem to happen more often to people who belong to the most used ring groups.

Our setup:

FreePBX distro 2.9.0.12 (cat /etc/asterisk/freepbxdistro-version reports back with 1.87.29.55-2) with all modules being used up to date
Aastra 6757i (3.2.2.2044 - 3/2012 firmware) setup to use the XML scripts
iSymphony (FreePBX Distro Version)

Calls come into an IVR then get pushed out the the extensions via ring groups.

Thank you in advance for any help. Please let me know if you require any more information.

1 Like

I doubt they are being put on hold. My guess and I have seen this before is its being transferred. Someone is probably dialing *2 or ## by accident or the trunking carrier is sending those DTMFs.

Setup DTMF logging in Asterisk and look at your DTMF logs when the happens.

Also what does the Asterisk full logs show when this happen.

Thank you for the reply, I will add the DTMF tones to the logs and will look over the Asterisk logs to see if I can find the calls in question. The client has not provided me with times or phone numbers this issue has occurred on, So it will be a little difficult pin pointing it. Once I do I will post it up.

FYI, I had some weird issues with Aastra 6757i phones. Calls place on hold would get lost in the system, the caller would stay on hold but you could not retrieve the call (I can’t remember if the line indicator light would stay on or go off), my eventual fix was to downgrade from 3.2.x back to 2.6.x

my bad - double post