Calls failing in queue

Hi.

I’ve got some calls that appear to failing in the queue and I can’t figured it out.

What exactly does the different Dispositions mean? i.e. Answered, Busy, Failed and No Answer

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+12+CDR+Specification#Asterisk12CDRSpecification-Dispositions

So I looked at it and it’s the same DID and Destination 9800 (Queue)

@david55 Where could I find the hangup cause like which log file would they show up in?

My knowledge is of Aserisk, rather than FreePBX, but it looks like it will appear in the verbose logging of the dialplan, although it looks like you only get it reported explicitly for dialing trunks:

It’s generally derived from the signalling protocol. It should be literally what appears in the signalling for ISDN. Asterisk uses a slightly modified version of the table in:

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3398.html#section-8.2.6.1

to translate SIP causes, and you can see SIP causes, for chan_pjsip, in the verbose or full logging, after using the CLI command “pjsip set logger on”.

I should have added that the key to the cause numbers is here:

I’m confused exactly where I should be looking, where are the dialplan log files? or what do you mean dialing trunks

Sorry for not knowing these things as I’m quite new when it comes to asterisk/freebpx

That should have been pjsip set logger on.

The log files are in /var/log/asterisk/, although I think there is also GUI access to them. See Providing Great Debug - Support Services - Documentation for the information anyone debugging FreePBX ought to know.

I’d start by having a look at what gets written on the queue_log for those specific calls.

So I’ve had a look at the queue_log and found that there is a quite a few ‘ABANDON’ so I looked at Queue Logs - Asterisk Project - Asterisk Project Wiki and found that the caller abandoned their position in the queue. Does that mean that they hanged up? or did something happen to their connection?

It could mean either, but one would normally assume the caller hung up.

Definitely. 99.9% of the cases it was hung up by the caller. If you are unsure, e.g. because you get a spike, you can find the unique-id of such calls and go look on the main Asterisk log for something fishy.

I was hopping that it was just the caller hanging up but I don’t think that is the case as the duration of the call is 0:00.

You need to have a look at the main log, you can grep it by call-id so you’ll see what is happening at the call level.

I finally got time to take a look at it and I’m not exactly sure what I should grep in the main log but looking at the CDR reports I can see that a number shows up multiple times if you look at the picture you can see that this all happens in 1 second - the caller ID stays the same throughout and the DID also stays the same.

To if I look up that number I find that it’s a vineyard number, could it be a spam caller?

Sending you tens if not hundreds of calls in such a short period of time? to me it looks more like a routing issue - calls joins the queue, is kicked out, and is joined again.

Post a call trace via pastebin: https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-AsteriskLogs-PartII

Also, grep the unique ID from the queue log to see why it exited the queue

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.