Calls drop after 26 minutes

Hi everyone,
I use a FreePBX 16.0.10.50 on Debian Linux Bullseye. However, I observe that the phone calls regularly hang up by themselves after 26 minutes.
Does anyone know what could be causing this and, more importantly, how to fix it?

Many greetings

Diani

Does this happen only on calls utilizing a trunk or even on calls between your extensions? Is it always exactly 26 minutes or irregularly? What does your log say when it’s hanging up?

Check your firewall. Typically when calls drop after ~30 min (giver or take) consistently it’s a firewall setting. Haven’t had enough coffee this morning to remember which. I’ve dealt with this a few times in the past. ESPECIALLY with sonicwall

I can’t verify that with the extensions now, since I’ve connected a telephone and three trunks are routed here.
Even today, during a phone call, the call is broken off after about 26 minutes each time.
I would have to look for log files now.

Okay, what would be the specific settings here? In front of the FreePBX is a router with OpenWRT, i.e. IPTables firewall.

The setting on a firewall that would produce a dropout after a fixed time would be the setting that controls how long automatically created rules last (which might depend on the details of the call). Note that the actual failure may be the result of a failed session timers refresh, which might happen a considerable amount of time after the firewall dropped the temporary rule.

Actually I think I’m remembering this issue wrong. I believe it had something to do with the session timers and re-invite settings.

Thank you for your good feedback. I’ll keep an eye on that. I’ll definitely get back to you because I don’t have a 26-minute phone call here every day. At least now I know what to look out for.
Another thought was that it might be due to the RaspberryPi 3 running FreePBX and Asterisk.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.