CallForward someone elses extension

I’d like to have a way for different people to be able to be the “receptionist of the day”. I was thinking (maybe wrongfully) that I would create an extension that no phone would register to. If person A is the receptionist of the day, they would dial a feature code and then for that unused extension call forward it to their extension.

I don’t seem to find a way to do this from the phone itself.

Do you guys know if this is possible and/or there is another way to accomplish what I am trying to do ?

Thanks in advance.

It’s somewhat awkward, but dialing *93, then 1035# and then 1046# will set ext. 1035 to forward to 1046. If your devices permit, you could set up a speed dial key on each of the relevant phones that calls *93, then sends 1035#1046# as DTMF, where 1035 is the virtual extension and 1046 is the user’s extension.

Otherwise, you could write a little custom dialplan triggered by a feature code, similar to what the ‘Call Forwarding All Prompting Activate’ (*93) runs. It would have the extension to forward hard coded and use the caller ID as the target.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.