Caller ID with Attended vs Unattended Transfers

I’ve got a system using Grandstream 2170 phones. When someone transfers a call to me, I’d like to see the outside caller’s ID rather than the extension that transferred it to me. If they hit the Transfer button and type my extension, the 2170 gives a soft button for Attended or Unattended. Unattended will transfer the call and show me the outside caller ID. Attended, as you might expect, shows the extension of the phone making the transfer. However, we like to use the BLF keys for transferring to avoid typing extensions. If they press Transfer and then hit my BLF key, it’s an attended transfer and I only get the inside extension number – even if they press the Transfer key after. Is there some way (perhaps it’s a Grandstream phone setting) to be able to transfer calls using the BLF keys, but get the outside number to show? Thanks!

Not that it helps, but this doesn’t fail the Rule of Least Astonishment for me. The person on the attended transfer is the person that called you and the person that is calling you to transfer the call.

Check out the logs and look at what the system is doing to set the caller ID in each case. You may need to request a feature to make the unattended and attended transfers both do the same thing WRT passing the original caller ID. As far as I know, there no settings that will take care of this for you.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up enabling P22162 on the Grandstream 2170 (“Enable transfer via non-transfer MPK”). That allows users to touch the BLF key while on a call to blind transfer with a single key press. Saves them a key press and sends the caller ID. Win-win!

What you are looking for is rpid (Remote Party ID). You configure it from the advanced tab when creating/editing an extension, and provided your phone supports it, the phone display will update with the ID of whomever is on the other end.

Thanks. I’ve got Trust RPID set to Yes on both phones and Send RPID is set for “Send Remote-Party-ID header.” Should it be something else?

You must send the rpid type that the phone supports, and you must configure the phone to accept it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.