Caller ID P-Preferred-Identity from each extension

Hello all, I appreciate any help you might be able to give.

I have a new FreePBX system running 2.11.0.13.

I am using SIP trunking to sipgate for calls to Europe and German based DIDs. I plan on adding another trunking service for calls to the US and US based DIDs after I can get this first issue resolved.

Sipgate requires P-Preferred-Identity to be able to send out caller-ID other than their fall-back caller-ID.

I would like to be able to setup my system so that each extension sends out it’s own caller-ID header set to P-Preferred-Identity, but I am unsure of how to go about doing this.

Currently, all calls go out as the provider fall-back number.

I did packet captures of my calls and checked the headers but the only change I see to be able to make in the “From” part of the header is when I remove the extension caller-id, it changes to “Unknown”

Thank you in advance!

Is your sendrpid setting for the extensions set to “Send P-Asserted-Identity header”?

Thank you for your response. I do not believe it is.

Do I set that on the extension itself such as:

sendrpid=Send P-Asserted-Identity header

Sorry if that doesn’t sound correct, but this part of SIP is new to me. I am not sure of what the options are for that setting.

Doing a bit of research it seems that would be:

sendrpid=pai

That would be the setting for “Send P-Asserted-Identity header”

I need to do the same thing but set the “Send P-Preferred-Identity header” due to the requirements of sipgate.

Any idea of how to change the sendrpid for that?