Caller goes to voicemail blackhole when DND is on

I have a yealink T46G and if I use the DND button everything works fine, save voicemail. The caller gets thrown into the extension’s voicemail immediately and leaves a message normally. The odd part is that there’s no record of this voicemail message anywhere. The VM light never goes on and if you log into voicemail you will see no new messages. I’m at a loss on how to troubleshoot this. Any ideas? Thanks.

As ever, post a log of the failed call.

Well, I found this during on of my test calls:

[2015-12-08 16:22:20] VERBOSE[5466][C-000000f7] app_voicemail.c: Recording was 1 seconds long but needs to be at least 30 - abandoning

This makes no sense, my settings don’t have a 30 second minimum. in fact, when I go into Voicemail Admin, something like 90% of the text boxes are blank. Is that normal?

Update: I made minsecs 3 seconds and I still got fails on a message I mentally timed at at LEAST 6 or 7 seconds as I spoke. It seems to be miscounting how long messages are somehow. Maybe silence detection is too aggressive?

I left minsecs blank and now it looks like everything is working. Not sure if I should leave it like this, but everything seems to be working now.

There is a “silencethreshold” parameter you can tweak if the system is detecting silence when it shouldn’t be or vice versa.