Call waiting beep when internal extensions are called

Hopefully this all makes sense as explained below. It was a bit of a hassle to get nailed down…

Our receptionist will receive a call on the main business line. While on the call, she hears a short beep, as if there is another call coming in. When attempting to answer the call, there is not a call waiting to be picked up.

We have tested many different scenarios and have discovered that the “call waiting beep” occurs when one internal extension dials another, while the receptionist is on a call received from main line. Is there any direction that anyone can give for troubleshooting? I am at a complete loss at the moment. The only thing that I can think of is that someone is dialing a ring group by accident, but I don’t see how that can be possible, without it being a joke, as we have the extension numbers set up to be very dissimilar in case of accidental dialing.

Any input wold be greatly appreciated.

Those beeps are generated by the handset. At a guess, the phone is beeping because a BLF is being triggered? Look at the config in the phone. This has nothing to do with FreePBX.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely keep this in mind.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.