Call recordings corrupted

We have 2 PBXs with Asterisk 1.8.8.0 and FreePBX 2.10.1.9 which was updated from FreePBX 2.9.0.7. We decided to update I order to be able to keep the recording files for a longer period of time. Since the FreePBX update, the call recording files get corrupted after 30-45 secs of recording. I noticed that it’s always on inbound calls.

I would say that 1 out of 4 recordings get this issue. The call recording format is “gsm”. I’m mot able to find this issue on calls prior to the FreePBX update to 2.10 with the same verison of Asterisk (1.8.8.0).

Thanks

I have also noticed this on a few calls as well. I will dig through and see how many are affected. Anyone else?

Thanks

Rob

Had a bit more of a dig through ours. Seems to happen on quite a few of them. As far as I can see, it normally happens when an answered incoming call is placed on hold, when the call is picked up again after the music on hold that is when it goes all scrambled.

Any ideas people?

Thanks

Rob

I switch the “Call recording format:” in “Advanced Settings” from “gsm” to “WAV” (in capital letters) and the problem disappeared. The “WAV” format gives me around the same file size as the “gsm” format so there’s no loss there.