Call Recording from start to finish

This question is in relation to the latest FreePBX 14.0.1.19 installed on a Raspberry Pi.

Is there a way to record ALL incoming calls from the moment the PBX picks up the call until the end of call?

I have the system setup so it plays an announcement upon picked (Audible notification that calls may be monitored and/or recorded), then proceeding to ring a group of extensions and going into voice mail.

I want to be able to document via audio file that the caller heard and was presented the recording notification.

I have tried to send inbound calls to the Call Recording application and then through the process described above however, it only recorded the call upon pick up and on one test only caught the last half of the ringing sounds.

Any suggestions?

and Thanks in advance.

Hi!

Set Call Recording to Yes on the Inbound route?

I hope you don’t value those recordings though as the Pi with its relatively easily corruptible SD card is by far the worst platform to use for a PBX.

I have nothing against PIs, I actually have a few (0, 1, 2 and 3) but would never use those for a PBX…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Set Call Recording to Yes on the Inbound route?

Set to Force as is Inbound Route and Extension.

I hope you don’t value those recordings though as the Pi with its relatively easily >corruptible SD card is by far the worst platform to use for a PBX.

I have nothing against PIs, I actually have a few (0, 1, 2 and 3) but would never use those >for a PBX…

The Raspberry Pi is a temporary testing facility at this point for a low use system and will be swapped out for a I3 Laptop soon.

I was under the impression that Call Recording application had the ability to actually record audio the moment the SIP call came in including announcements, music on hold and ringing. Perhaps the failure is a bug on the Pi version.