Call Recording Duplicate Recordings

Call recording is duplicating recordings/ recording it 4 time. example is below.

Caller calls in 123456789 pushed 8 for dispatch | Ring group rings 4 phones or so

2016-05-24 14:54:36	Call recording  Call recording	1464119670.125919	"618****** 6184 "<6184637059>		618******	Dial	600	NO ANSWER	00:02				
2016-05-24 14:54:36	Call recording  Call recording	1464119670.125919	"618****** 6184 "<6184637059>		618******	Dial	600	NO ANSWER	00:02				
2016-05-24 14:54:30	Call recording  Call recording	1464119670.125919	"618******6184 "<6184637059>		618******	Dial	600	ANSWERED	00:33

That is correct, you’ve set to call to record before it gets to the ring group, so each channel gets a short file (2 sec.) and the extension that answers has a 33 sec. recording.

1 Like

But when i play the top one and all them they are the same recording and is 33 seconds long.

Also I get some incoming calls that are not recording even though Call Recording is set to force on the inbound route and all extensions are set to force

Ah, I see what you’re saying. But note that there is only a single recording file, each entry in the CDR links to the same recording.

But look at this.

I doesnet show a recording. I do have the Call recording module but it does not record all the calls sometimes.
If i go into call recordings there is 4 call in there not 20 like the cdr shows.

were there any solution ?

I’m having the same issue !

hope to help if you could solve it your side

cheers

I’m not sure I understand your question, given the answer was in the thread. Also, which specific problem are you having?

check the print screen

i have duplicated CDR as missed calls in my reporting .

it occurs on the incoming calls going to queues !

cheers

Of course you do. That’s how CDR works.

but why the queue missing calls are being showed that way ?

i want to see it as one record not duplicated Queue missed calls with 44 k recorded calls .

what do you think ?

is it queue settings ?

Wanting it work a different way than it works is not the path you want to follow.

There is only one recording, but it’s the recording for all of the call paths. Once the call is answered by the Queue, a bunch of other calls (to your extensions) are initiated. Each of these calls is a separate call. They all share the same recording, because the Unique ID is the same for all of them, but they are tracking the CDR as separate calls.

This is how CDR works. People asked for each call to be tracked in CDR and CDR was modified to do that. This means that the CDR is actually now accurate, in that each call from the PBX to the extensions is now tracked as a separate call (instead of the old way, where the only call that got tracked was the one that picked up the call).

CDR is there to report on Call Data, and these count as calls. There is no setting in the queue to turn this off - the CDR data is in a flat file (in CSV storage) or in a MySQL database. If you want to get rid of these calls, then set up your CDR to go to the database. On a daily (or hourly, or weekly) basis, you can go to the database and delete the records you don’t want to see. That way, the people that need the data can still have it, and you (since you don’t want that data) can delete it since it isn’t useful to you. The other way around (needing the data and not having a way to get it) doesn’t work and isn’t how the system works.

thank you for your kind reply .

im not saying about extensions missed call
im focusing on the queue itself

why there are duplicated logs on the queue itself .

look @ queue 1085 , and see how many duplicated record on same queue.
check this :slight_smile:

is there anything can be done to figure this out ?

I can’t see your picture, but I’ll assume it says the same thing you keep saying. I’ve already explained this twice, so it’s probably still the same problem.

The “duplicate” calls aren’t duplicates. They are the calls that are ringing your extensions. The call to the extension is what you are seeing. Each one of the ringing extensions is a new call from the queue to the extension.

Part of what might be confusing here is that you think it’s just one call. It’s not. It’s an incoming call that was answered by the queue module. The queue module then places a bunch of new calls, outbound calls to your extensions. When one of those calls picks up, it is connected to the inbound call to the queue.

Asterisk is a Back to Back User Agent. It doesn’t route calls from a caller to an extension. It answers the call from the caller and is the terminus of the inbound call. It then places a different call to the receiver. These two calls are then bridged together when the recipient picks up the phone.

So, now that we’ve got that explained, it should be clear why there are so many CDR records. Each of the calls to your agents is a new, distinct, separate phone call from the server to your reps. Each of these calls gets its own CDR, since they are all distinct, separate calls. When one of them picks up, the call from the originator gets bridged to the rep that picked up the call, and the rest are terminated.

IMPORTANT NOTE At some point between Asterisk 1.6 and Asterisk 13, the base CDR handling for these calls from the queue to the extensions was changed. The reason for the change was that there was no way of knowing if the extensions had actually been ringing in the queue. Without that visibility, there was no way to know of if the reps were leaving their phones off the hook or set to local Do Not Disturb. Since the data wasn’t captured, there was no way to review it. Now, the data is captured so that queue performance can be more correctly tracked.

As I said before, you can always delete the data you don’t want, but there’s no way to go back and get data if it wasn’t captured. That’s why you are seeing all of these records - they calls were placed and their actual disposition is documented in those records.