Call Recording by IVR

Hello to the community,

i am pretty new in the freepbx world. My company presently used FreePBX for the IVR features, all the phone are managed by an other pbx. Inbound call flow from the pstn to the ivr, and after the selection, to a pbx phone by the trunk.

we received a request to record call for specific ivr, not all the ivr, 2 exactly. for this configuration, presently the RTP flow by Freepbx when an inbound call is received and managed by the IVR.

Do you think that it can be possible to configure it in this way? if yes, any advice to share?

Thanks a lot for any light :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks to read my post.

If I understand correctly you want to record calls going through specific IVR’s.

You can do that two ways, if each IVR has a dedicated Inbound Route, then you can do it within the Inbound Route settings, or, see the Call Recording Module, create an object to ‘Force’ and point to each IVR, and then point the previous setting which pointed to the IVR to that Call Recording object.

Finally, by default FreePBX only records at the point where someone actually answered, if you want to record from the point of the caller reaching the IVR, then go to advanced settings and ‘Call Record Option’ to No

1 Like

thanks a lot for your time PitzKey, very appreciated

it’s exactly the scenario you say about recording from the point of the caller reaching the IVR. As the user answered by a phone managed by a other pbx, and this pbx can’t record call, it’s the way i would like that the setup works.

So if i resume:

• i create one inbound route by IVR which need the recording on
  • what do you mean by “create an object to ‘Force’ and point to each IVR, and then point the previous setting which pointed to the IVR to that Call Recording object”? is it this configuration: Sangoma Documentation
    /FPG/Call+Recording+Module. If you just point me very quickly where is this configuration or a link please, i will try and make search about that
  • go to advanced settings and ‘Call Record Option’ to No

thanks a lot for your advice

have a nice day

It’s 1 of the 2.
If you have a dedicated Inbound Route pointing to each IVR then you can enable call recording on these two Inbound Routes.
But if these two IVRs doesn’t have a dedicated inbound route, for example: they are sub IVRs, then you’ll have to use the Call Recording module.

hum ok strange, i already try to enable recording in the inbound route pointing to the IVR but without success, maybe is because i don’t make this configuration in the advanced settings '‘Call Record Option’ to No"
i will try tomorrow

As explained earlier.

thanks i will test that quickly and let you know! :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.