Call Forwarding Not Reachable

I am curious if there is a way to enable conditional call forwarding. My phone users connect to a cloud hosted server. But if that customer has internet issues, their phones will not be registered and they do not get calls. My provider offers not reachable forwarding options, but in this case, it will not trigger because the cloud server doesn’t go down, so the trunk stays connected ergo, calls never get forwarded. Is there a way to forward calls to a fail-safe number in the event that their phones are not registered or not reachable? I would think it would be something off of the ring group menu, but I don’t see anything jumping out at me.

Thanks!

Extension advanced settings tab at the bottom, there’s a not reachable destination. Point it to a Ring Group or a Misc Destination which can call external number(s)

So if their call flow points to a ring group with a couple of users, should I do that for each one in order for it to work properly or does it really only need to happen with one of those users? Let’s say the ring group rings all extensions.

I don’t think it will work with a Ring Group. Try it.

If not, you’ll have to setup a custom dialplan which checks if most of the phones are online, if not send it to a Ring Group with cellphones

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.