Call Forwarding CF Enabled on One Extension Automatically

Hello all,

I have a problem on one of my servers where call forwarding is being enabled on one extension and I can not turn it off. This stops inbound calls from getting to the phone.

I manage this server from the west coast and the server is on the east coast. The extension that this has happened to twice now, is the security phone at this center. I imagine that the security guard is enabling call forwarding so they can get up from their desk and roam and still get calls, not sure, but my team there tells me that call forwarding is not enabled on the phone.

Anyway, the first time this happened, I ended up deleting the extension and then re-creating the extension. When the extension was re-created, the CF was not enabled and this extension was able to receive inbound calls again. Problem solved.

This problem came up last Friday again and I deleted the extension but every time I re-created the extension, it came up with CF enabled. I even deleted the extension, re-booted PBX, re-create extension when PBX comes back up and CF was still stuck on the phone. I can not get to the webgui of the phone either for some reason and the local team says that the phone has call forwarding disabled.

I have two servers in a warm spare config so I looked at the secondary and saw that CF was not enabled on secondary PBX server. I moved things over to secondary PBX server and inbound calls were working again to this extension. So, I know it’s not the phone, because the same phone did not work on one PBX but worked on secondary. So the call forwarding setting was not coming from the phone itself, but from the PBX.

I opened a ticket with Sangoma and like most of the time, they didn’t offer any solutions, they just want access to the server. They said it was a database issue. I would rather learn how to do this on my own so I don’t have to open a ticket with them in case this happens again. So, does anyone know how I can get into the database and find the config that is messing this up so I can fix this on my own?

I should have just asked Sangoma. I asked them if they could give me a solution and they gave me a couple commands to run that looks like it did the trick.

[[email protected] ~]# asterisk -rx 'database show cf'
/CF/7325                                          : 57
1 results found.
[[email protected] ~]# asterisk -rx 'database deltree cf'
1 database entries removed.
[[email protected] ~]#
[[email protected] ~]#
[[email protected] ~]#
[[email protected] ~]# asterisk -rx 'database show cf'
0 results found.
[[email protected] ~]#
[[email protected] ~]#

The CF box is now unchecked in the gui. Haven’t had a chance to test calling yet as I need to move services back to the primary server, but I believe this should do the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.